[Solar-certifica] Em a bin of equal length, and fo

Fleischer vermiform en ukrwest.net
Lun Ago 31 10:47:52 CEST 2009

Per quarter; this must be evidently on the best goods; this will give us
a length of three barrels per quarter of malt of eight bushels, of
twenty-five pounds per barrel, specific gravity. Suppose the apparent
attenuation of these goods to be nineteen pounds, the transparent
gravity will be six pounds per barrel, viz. Gravity of the worts in the
cooler just before letting down into the guile-tun, per barrel, 25 lb.
Apparent attenuation per barrel, 19 lb. Transparent gravity per barrel,
6 --- 25 lb. Or take it as it really is, viz. specific gravity per
barrel, 25 lb. Real attenuation per barrel, 13 lb. 8 oz. Yest and lees,
5 8 -------- 19 lb. Gravity per barrel, when transparent, 6 --- 25 lb.
It may be said that nineteen pounds is the real attenuation, and the
yest and lees produced is part thereof, as the fluid, or beer, in a
state of transparency is but six pounds per barrel specific gravity, and
it may, in some degree, be allowed to be so, as there is really so much
gravity lost during the process of fermentation. If we multiply thirteen
pounds eight ounces, which I have called the real attenuation, by four,
we shall find the result to be fifty-four pounds, which is nineteen
pounds more of superfluous gas upon four barrels of worts, of
twenty-five pounds gravity each, than is extricated from an equivalent
quantity of saccharine matter; that is, from one hundred pounds of raw
sugar or one hundred and twelve pounds of molasses, and their respective
waters of dilution, when the yest and lees do not exceed five pounds
eight ounces per barrel. This may be truly called an analysis of the
fermentable matter, giving the component parts tolerably exact; though
much depends on the management of the fermentation, and the subsequent
cleansing. By this analysis it appears, that the mucilage of malt, or gr