[soilhack-announce] Dan Kittredge workshop

mattcadams mattcadams at tiscali.co.uk
Mon May 21 13:01:52 CEST 2018

Hi Christine.My name is Matt and I will be leading a workshop this weekend at soil hack on this very topic.I have been waiting for an opportunity to meet Dan but unfortunately i will be out of the country. Damn! Do you know if he will be around in this country prior to the 21st June (which is when i go travelling with my family for 5 weeks) Warm regardsMatt

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Christine Page <thesmilingtree at icloud.com> Date: 19/05/2018  15:38  (GMT+00:00) To: soilhack-announce at lists.ourproject.org Subject: [soilhack-announce] Dan Kittredge workshop
Some of you may be interested in a workshop I am hosting here at Smiling Tree Farm, south Shropshire on Monday 25 June with Dan Kittredge.

Dan Kittredge is a life long organic farmer from Massachusetts, the New England region of the US. His experience covers a broad range of homesteading and market farming, from mixed vegetables and orchard crops to poultry, dairy and beef production. Marketing from farmers markets and CSA's to restaurant and health food store sales. He has been intimately involved in the organic movement in the United States since the 1980's.

Along with farming Dan has served as the Executive Director of Remineralize the Earth, remineralize.org, founded the Real Food Campaign, and is the founder and Executive Director of the Bionutrient Food Association (BFA). bionutrient.org. Through his work with the BFA, whose mission is  "increasing quality in the food supply", Dan has taken a leadership role in the conversation about nutrient density, or relative nutritional value in crops. Through his highly acclaimed two day intensive seminars on Principles of Biological Systems Dan has worked with growers across North America to better understand how to work synergistically with nature in the agricultural context.

Dan's work with farmers focuses on understanding principles so as to be able to make efficient and economic decisions in practical situations. Grassroots response from growers has shown results of increased soil health, plant health, yield, shelf life, flavor and aroma in crops, and decreased cost of production, need for inputs and pest and disease pressure.

This workshop will run from 9:00-5:00 and cover general principles of biological systems along with key management strategies including soil testing and mineral balancing, cover cropping and mulch, inoculation, seed quality, pest and disease management, plant early childhood development, and in season monitoring and management. Bring your questions, and a pot luck lunch.
To book please complete the booking form on my website here.
With kind regardsChristine

 Host & Pastoral FarmerT   01547 530955Smiling Tree Farm, Chapel Lawn,
Bucknell, Shropshire SY7 0BW smilingtreefarm.com