[soilhack-announce] 20th March - Understanding & Applying Soil Carbon Influencing Factors with Ed Revill

Adam Ormes Court ormus23 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 14:03:12 CET 2016

Could I ask people to attend to the fact that when you want to reply to
someone who has posted a message on here privately, you need to change the
to: address to that of the person you are writing to, otherwise everyone
else will receive your message to them.

Better not to clog up each other's inboxes if we can avoid it.

--
*In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and
change the problematic model /* *You create a new model and make the old

On 7 March 2016 at 12:56, Daniel Taylor <danieltaylor79 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Joanna,
>
> Good news. I was thinking of £15. Is that okay.
>
> Cheers, Dan
>
> On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 11:49 AM, Joanna Dornan <joannadornan at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Dan
>> I hadn’t got you down but I have now, so that’s cool.  I’ve had a couple
>> more bookings this morn, so looks like we can go ahead.  Although any help
>> spreading the word is much appreciated.
>>
>> Also its pay on the day, but can you tell me how much you’ll be paying?
>>  (sliding scale)  just so I know we’ll be covering costs.
>> Ta
>> Joanna
>>
>> On 7 Mar 2016, at 11:27, Daniel Taylor <danieltaylor79 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Joanna,
>>
>> Just double checking that I am booked on this day. Hope you get the
>> numbers.
>>
>> Cheers, Dan
>> On 5 Mar 2016 14:13, "Joanna Dornan" <joannadornan at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> This will be an excellent workshop but booking required asap or this
>>> workshop may not run if we don’t get enough signups….
>>>

>>> "Understanding and Applying Soil Carbon Influencing Factors.”with Ed
>>> Revill
>>>
>>> Date:  Sunday 20th March,
>>> Time: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
>>> Cost £5 - £20 - pay as you can afford - (rough guide for what to pay -
>>> Waged :£20,  Part-time waged/low-wage: £15,  Low-wage/skint: £10,
>>> Unwaged/extremely skint: £5)
>>> Venue:  Feed Bristol
>>>
>>> Food:  Bring lunch to share (can include things to cook on the biochar
>>> stove)
>>>
>>> Workshop Content
>>> As growers, when we fail to understand and work with soil carbon
>>> influencing factors (SCIF) then our seemingly good practices can result
>>> in unnecessary soil carbon release.
>>> However, when we understand and work with these influencing factors,
>>> bringing them into our growing systems, then we can grow crops in ways
>>> which enrich and build soil. The need for inputs and work load is
>>> significantly reduced as are climate changing and other pollutants.
>>>
>>> Timetable for the day
>>> 10 to 11.30 a.m. Interactive SCIF theory session.
>>> 11.30 to 12 Tea, chat and questions.