[soilhack-announce] SoilHack related goings on at Off-Grid Festival this weekend

Adam Ormes Court ormus23 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 22:57:34 CEST 2016

Apologies for the short notice, this is a heads up about something I'm
involved with at the Off-Grid Festival in Devon this weekend.

There will be a Restorative Agriculture Zone, presided over by biochar
market gardener Ed Revill:

Carbon in the sky contributes to climate change. Carbon in the soil
enriches the soil in ways which reduce the needs for inputs when growing
crops.  We will be conducting talks and workshops throughout the festival
for gardeners, growers and for people wanting to know how to meet their
needs in ways which heal the Earth and reverse causes of climate change.
Soil Carbon Influencing Factors, Agroecology, Full Cycle Biochar, Biochar
Stove Technology  We will also bring along biochar producing ovens and run
sourdough bread making workshops throughout the festival using these ovens.

...as well as the first public outing of the Soil Carbon Project (working
name):

Our aim is simple - to get you to join us in the effort to sequester as
much atmospheric carbon into soils as is humanly possible, ASAP. We already
have all the technology we need at our disposal.

Why? At the same time as removing excess CO2 from our atmosphere, it will
start to reverse the wholesale destruction of our soils, produce the highly
nutrient dense foods we desperately need, and with your support, grow an
economy founded on healing the earth, not devouring it.

This is something everyone can become involved in in some way – come and
find out more.

More on the latter to be posted here in due course. Hopefully a full on
revival of this list will ensue...

Regards,

Adam

--
*In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and
change the problematic model /* *You create a new model and make the old