[ProU] {Spam?} S?" said Carraway. "I did, " said Mrs. Carraway. "I explained t

Gugliuzza Fritsch canceled en boatright.biz
Sab Mar 20 07:36:27 CET 2010

Nt therein,

he yielded to his emotions and roared with laughter. What if Norah's manner was unconventional? Had she not carried out instructions? "My dear,"
said the candidate to Mrs. Perkins, as the shuffling feet on the porch shuffled off into the night, "what wages do you pay Norah?" "Sixteen dollars, Thaddeus,"
was the answer. "Why?" "Make it twenty hereafter," replied the candidate. "She is an emerald beyond price. If

I had only let her meet the nominating
committee when they entered our little Eden three
weeks ago, I should not now be involved in this wretched game of politics." "Well, I sincerely wish you had," Mrs. Perkins observed, heartily. "This affair has made a very different man of you, and as for your family, they hardly
see you any more. You are neglecting every
single household duty for your horrid old politics." "Well, now, my dear--" began the candidate. "The pipes in the laundry have been leaking for four days now, and yet you won't
send for a plumber,
or even let me send for one," continued Mrs. Perkins.

"Well, Bessie dear, how can I? The race is awfully close. It wouldn't surprise me if the majority
either way was less than a hundred." "There you go again, Thaddeus. What
on earth has the leak in the laundry pipes to do with the political situation?"
asked the puzzled woman. The candidate showed that in spite of his recent affiliations he still retained some remnant of his former self-respect, for he blushed as he thought of the explanation; but h