[ProU] {Spam?} but I must not detain you longer. Good evening." "What a friend

Majorie Urata ruffling en opvoeren.nl
Mie Ene 13 18:25:22 CET 2010

He knew that her intention was to heap upon him the greatest ignominy of
which she was capable. There were not many people in the room, but there
were some who must have seen her action. As for Trevanion he turned away
his head with a laugh. "Come, Captain Trevanion," said Nancy, "we must
be going." She took hold of his arm, and they walked out of the hall
together. Bob made a stride forward as if to follow them. He wanted to
hurl defiance at them, wanted to tell her that her action was mean and
contemptible, unworthy of an Englishwoman. Wanted to--God knows what he
wanted. His brain was whirling, everything seemed to be mad confusion,
but he only took one step; the uselessness of it all appealed to him.
What could he do, what could he say? He had made his decision, taken his
stand, and must be ready to suffer. Then he remembered what Captain
Trevanion had said at the close of the golf match: "In this fiel