[Pppehrserver-users] {Spam?} se presence it

Sibley nebula at etv2.net
Mon Mar 22 16:05:29 CET 2010

Iron, patined rather than rusted, Lombard in form, and of evident antiquity. Hauptmann gave it a nearsighted look and was about to return
it contemptuously when the peasant
urged, "But look again,
sir, there are letters, a rarity." "I dare you to read them," cried Frauelein

Linda, and the Professor read painfully and copied roughly in his notebook a short inscription in some Runic alphabet. A scowl followed the reading and the abrupt challenge "Where did you find this piece?" "In the fields, digging, Padrone,"
was the answer, "where I dug up also this," displaying
a bronze clasp of unquestionable Lombard workmanship. "Bravo," exclaimed Linda, "now perhaps
we shall know more about your dear Lombards. I congratulate you, Herr Professor,
from the heart." "Aber nein," he growled

back, "there were monuments enough already, and this is
only a bore, for I must buy and publish it. Others too may be found in the same field,

and Lombard will become a popular pastime. It is disgusting; compassionate me. It was the single language that permitted truly a-priori approach. It would be almost a duty to suppress these accursed runes
for the sake of scientific method. But no; the harm is done. We must be patient." What

the Herr Professor said and continued to say as he drove a hard bargain with
the peasant was but half the story. A glance at the runes had shown an awful double consonant, and, as if that were not enough, an appalling modified vowel. By a single word scratched by the untutored hand of a rude warrior the most ingenious linguistic hypothesis of