[Pppehrserver-users] Re staff, above the drapery, mark

Grochow marinated at gob-houten.nl
Sun Dec 27 02:16:01 CET 2009

, distinguished, I believe, by the name of 'the Tower of Buchan,' and
had been the residence of that right noble lady, the Countess Isabella
and her children. Nay, from what I overheard his grace say to Lord
Edward, it had formerly given him shelter and right noble hospitality,
and a dearer, more precious remembrance still to his noble heart--it had
been for many months the happy home of his brother, Sir Nigel, and we
know what magic power all associated with _him_ has upon the king; and
had it not been for the expostulations of Lord Edward, his rough yet
earnest entreaty, methinks that fortress had been standing yet. That
sternness, terrible to behold, for it ever tells of some mighty inward
passions conquered, again gathered on our sovereig