[Pppehrserver-legal-eu] {Spam?} if he happens to be dragging a congregatio

Akhand propenamide at lithobius.com
Tue Jan 12 10:56:42 CET 2010

Pense on this new project--he even included a bath-room. The building
was scarcely completed, when about a dozen Boers, who were also
capitalists in a way, immediately set about making arrangements for
similar structures. This form of jealousy is, of course, good where
trade is concerned. If the Boer is nothing else, he is at least talked
about. I say nothing else advisedly, because he is nothing else. In his
own country he is nothing, and out of it he is less, if that were
possible. It may seem out of place on the part of a Scotsman to make
such an assertion, because a Scotsman (and a Yorkshireman, too, by the
way) is, in the eyes of the Boer, a friendly being, and far removed
above a mere Englishman. A Boer will give a Scotsman the best in the
house, and put up his horse comfortably, but an Englishman in the same
circumstances fares differently. It is, of course, unnecessary to say
that while a Scotsman makes no objection to exceptional hospitality, his
views of the Boer do not differ materially from those of any other
person of whatever nationality. He drinks the Boer's coffee, and shakes
hands with him and all his family, but there may be, and usually is, a
great deal of deception mixed up with such extreme good-feeling. I could
never understand, nor has it been explained to me, why the Boer is so
partial towards Scotsmen, unless it be that a great many Scotch words
resemble words in the Dutch language. Perhaps that may in some degree