[Pppehrserver-legal-eu] right when you are

Drisdelle annalen at sgkk.at
Tue Aug 18 16:14:38 CEST 2009

Nce. It was Mrs. Smith-Lessing. My first impulse was one of anger. It
seemed to me that she was taking advantage of the sympathy which Ray's
brutality during our last interview had forced from me. I spoke to her
coldly, almost angrily. "Mrs. Smith-Lessing," I said, "I regret that I
cannot receive you here. My position just now does not allow me to
receive visitors." She simply raised her veil and sank into the nearest
chair. I was staggered when I saw her face. It was positively haggard,
and her eyes were burning. She looked at me almost with horror. "I had
to come," she said. "I could not keep away a moment longer. Tell me the
truth, Guy Ducaine. The truth, mind!" she repeated, fearfully. "What do
you mean?" I asked, bewildered. "I do not understand you." "Tell me the
truth about that man who came to see you on the seventh of January." I
shook my head. "I have nothing to tell you," I said firmly. "When I
found him on the marshes he was dead. I did not hear till afterwards
that he had ever asked for me." "This is the truth?" she asked eagerly.
"It is the truth!" I answered. I could see the relief shine in her face.
She was still anxious, however. "Is it true," she asked, "that you told
a girl in the village, Blanche Moyat, to keep secret the fact that this
man inquired in the village for the way to your cottage?" "That also is
true," I admitted. "She did not tell me until afterwards, and I saw no
purpose in publishing the fact that the man had been on his way to see
me." "You have been very foolish," she said. "You have qua