[Pppehrserver-ehr-general] ig and auspicious event. Great pre

Tatel Verner nara at ebl.fr
Tue Mar 30 15:25:06 CEST 2010

Ersal, &c. Well do I remember being with the company at the Roberttown
Races. Races were not actually run there at the time of our visit, but
they
had been,

and the name was kept up. It was really the Feast or Tide, for
which Roberttown was somewhat notorious, and the old race course
was used for the fair ground. There

was a conglomeration of scores of twopenny circuses, penny "gaffs",
round-abouts, swings, cocoa-nut shies, shooting ranges, &c.
People flocked from far and near to the Fair. Our company made a great
"hit." It was the custom for a few of us,
myself included, to promenade in front of the assembled crowd, in "full
dress," and then, after we had executed a

picturesque Indian dance, the manager would strongly recommend