[Pppehrserver-ehr-general] Is brows. "We'll risk it. Four years is a long time, and I thin

Finchum simplex at agriking.com
Fri Jan 15 18:20:20 CET 2010

S. He had set his mind on a "jag" of the worst description--to drink and
forget. He entered a saloon and mixed with the noisy throng. He
commenced to lavish drinks on all and sundry, flinging notes around as
though they were dirt; but the drink tasted like poison. The whole
attempt ended in utter failure. Only a beast could get drunk while the
memory of such a woman hung in his brain. He wandered back to the hotel,
sick at heart and hating the fast-approaching morrow with its
heartache.... He had found gold, but he had lost--lost completely in the
larger battle. He made no attempt to undress, but sat on his bed and
groaned. When the dawn came he made himself presentable and knocked at
Angela's door. He found her clad for the journey, and several bags ready
for transit. He thought, too, she seemed delighted at the
prospects--delighted when his heart was breaking! "I'll take these
things," he said, and picked up the bags. They made their way to the
jetty off which the _Topeka_ lay, with a gangway connecting. It was near
the time of departure, and nearly all the passengers were aboard. A
crowd of men stood on the shore, passing remarks to those who were
leaving. Here and there a wet eye was in evidence, as some unfortunate
devil saw his wife and child bound for the outer world--and himself left
to the tender mercies of the Klondyke. Jim walked over the gangway and
put down the luggage. When he turned to Angela he saw no sign of regret.
She see