[Pppehrserver-ehr-general] {Spam?} dipped

Sharpless lashes at toptravel.co.jp
Tue Jan 12 11:41:52 CET 2010

Nd green-houses: these are propagated principally by grafting; and the
Wood-Laurel being hardy and of ready growth forms the stock principally
used. It is readily propagated by seeds, which in three years will make
plants large enough for this purpose. The plant in all its parts is
excessively acrid. I remember a man being persuaded to take the leaves
reduced to powder, as a remedy for Syphilis, and he died in consequence
in great agony in a few hours. 117. DAPHNE Mezerium. MEZERION.--Is a
very beautiful shrub, and is one of the earliest productions of Flora,
often exhibiting its brilliant scarlet flowers in January and February.
We have also a white variety of this shrub in the gardens. The bark and
roots are extremely acrimonious, and are used in medicine. 118. ERICA
vulgaris. THE COMMON HEATH, HEATHER, or LING.---This spontaneous produce
of most of our sandy waste lands is of much usin rural oeconomy. It is
of considerable value for making brooms, and affords food to sheep,
goats, and other animals; particularly to the grouse and heath-cock. The
branches of heath placed upright in a wooden frame form the couch of
repose to the brave Highlander. It is also stated that an excellent
beverage was brewed from the tops of this plant, but the art of making
it is now lost. This is the most common of the species, but all the
others have similar properties. They are very ornamental plants. A
numerous variety of heaths are brought from the Cape of Good Hope, and
afford great pleasure to the amateur of exotic plants, being the
greatest ornaments to our green-houses. 119. EUONYMUS europaeus.
SPINDLE-TREE.--An ornamental shrub.