[Pppehrserver-ehr-general] an Englishman. If Captain Ducie's feat

Hinesley hypabyssal at txt.com.co
Sat Sep 5 03:17:13 CEST 2009

Ad. You must change your line of behaviour to Mr. Grame." Eliza's dark
face turned red and haughty. "I do not understand you, Aunt Emma." "Nay,
I think you do understand me, my dear. You have incautiously allowed
yourself to fall into--into an undesirable liking for Mr. Grame. An
_unseemly_ liking, Eliza." "Unseemly!" "Yes; because it has not been
sought. Cannot you see, Eliza, how he instinctively recedes from it? how
he would repel it were he less the gentleman than he is? Child, I shrink
from saying these things to you, but it is needful. You have good sense,
Eliza, keen discernment, and you might see for yourself that it is not
to you Mr. Grame's love is given--or ever will be." For once in her life
Eliza Monk allowed herself to betray agitation. She opened her trembling
lips to speak, but closed them again. "A moment yet, Eliza. Let us
suppose, for argument's sake, that Mr. Grame loved you; that he wished
to marry you; you know, my dear, how utterly useless it would be. Your
father would not suffer it." "Mr. Grame is of gentle descent; my father
is attached to him," disputed Eliza. "But Mr. Grame has nothing but his
living--a hundred and sixty pounds a-year; _you_ must make a match in
accordance with your own position. It would be Katherine's trouble,
Katherine's rebellion over again. But this was mentioned for argument's
sake only; Mr. Grame will never sue for anything of the kind; and I must
beg of you, my dear, to put all idea of it away, and to change your
manner towards him." "Perhaps you fancy he may wish to sue for Lucy!"
cried Eliza, in fierce resentment. "That i