[Pppehrserver-ehr-general] Te interest. Some were men of gre

McLuen obnubilated at aanbouw.info
Thu Dec 24 00:21:08 CET 2009

An of some books that are out of print and difficult to obtain, I
acknowledge my obligation to Mr. C. Johnson, of Ely. W. D. SWEETING.
LIST OF CONTENTS. I. THE HISTORY OF THE BUILDING 3 II. THE CATHEDRAL:
EXTERIOR 41 The West Front 43 The Galilee Porch 44 The West Tower 47 The
North Side of the Nave 49 The Octagon 50 The North Transept 51 The
Lady-Chapel 52 The East End 55 The Aisles 56 The Triforium Windows 57
The South Transept 60 The Monks' Door 60 The Prior's Door 60 The
Cloister 61 III. THE INTERIOR 63 The Western Transept and S. Catharine's
Chapel 64 The Nave 66 The Ceiling 67 The Nave Aisles 69 The Octagon 71
The Transepts 74 The Choir and Presbytery 76 The Lady-Chapel 84
Monuments and Stained Glass 87 The Chapel of Bishop Alcock 90 The Chapel
of Bishop West 93 IV. HISTORY OF THE MONASTERY 99 V. HISTORY OF THE SEE
113 VI. THE PRECINCTS 131 The Infirmary 131 Prior Crauden's Chapel 132
Ely Porta 133 INDEX 135 LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS. PAGE Ely Cathedral