[Linux-Poza Rica] {Spam?} The horse, but evidently

Angermeier bibs at llmedia.de
Tue Mar 23 12:51:53 CET 2010

O-called gods. And now, all of you listen. Perhaps some of this will not be new, how much

history has come down to you I don't know. "A thousand years ago a colony of one hundred persons was left here on Texcoco. It will one day be of scholarly interest to trace them down through the centuries but at present the task does not interest us. This expedition has been sent to recontact you, now that you have populated
Texcoco and made
such adaptations as were necessary to survive here. Our basic task is to modernize your society,
to bring it to an industrialized
culture." Plekhanov's eyes went to Taller's son. "I assume you are a soldier?" Taller said, "This is Reif, my eldest, and by our custom, second in command of the

People's armies. As Khan, I am first." Reif nodded coldly to Plekhanov. "I am a soldier." He hesitated for a moment, then added, "And willing to die to protect the People." "Indeed," Plekhanov rumbled, "as a soldier you will be interested to know that our first step will involve the amalgamation of all the nations and tribes of this planet. Not a small task. There should be opportunity for you." Taller said, "Surely you speak in jest. The People
have been at war

for as long as scribes have records and never have we been

stronger than today, never larger. To conquer the world! Surely you jest." Plekhanov grunted ungraciously. He looked to Barry Watson, a lanky youth, now leaning negligently against the wall, his submachine gun, however, at the easy ready. "Watson, you're our military
expert. Have you any opinions as yet?" "Yes, sir," Watson said easily. "Until
we can get iron weapons and firearms into full production, I suggest the Macedonian phalanx for their infantry.
They have the horse, but evidently the wheel has gone out of use. We'll introduce the char