[P2P-F] a contribution on migration and living together in the european context

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 11:51:25 CET 2021

from my friend dyab abou jajah

"We should express to the native Europeans that what we often tell each
other secretly. And no, it is not that we are conspiring to take over as a
community, or that we want to replace the native Europeans. It is the
opposite. We tell each other that we hope that Europe will remain Europe.
That it will not decay due to bad management of its politicians. That it
will not lose its character. That it will not compromise on its values. Our
fellow citizens who belong to the native community must know, that even
though we will never accept discrimination or racism, and that we will
always stand up for our rights as equal citizens and as human beings,
whenever it comes to defending their identity, culture and heritage, they
will always find us on their side. Whenever extremists from our midst,
because of a religious ideology, or another ideology, shall turn against
Europe and its natives,  we will stand in their way, and we will defend
Europe and its culture and identity. This is the time for a new historical
deal, that will allow us to create a more solid community of citizens.
Within that deal, we will hear the native claim, and we will acknowledge it
as justified and legitimate. And even though I do not believe that ethnic
Europeans will ever be a minority in Europe, our pledge should be to
preserve European heritage and identity and languages under any
circumstances. But also, and together with the native Europeans, we must
defend the rule of law, democracy and human rights. There is no
contradiction between these two platforms, they are complementary. Turning
them against each other like the extremists on both sides do nowadays is
destructive for everything that Europe represents. European identity and
culture and its democracy, open society and human rights are so connected
that they will fall together or triumph together. Let us make sure that
they triumph together for the sake of all of us."

https://www.aboujahjah.org/articles--columns/towards-a-new-deal-on-accepting-the-european-native-claim-while-upholding-liberal-democracy

--
P2P Foundation: http://wiki.p2pfoundation.net <http://p2pfoundation.net>  -
http://blog.p2pfoundation.net

Updates: ; http://twitter.com/mbauwens; http://www.facebook.com/mbauwens

Curation of news on p2p/commons developments:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/p2p.open/