[P2P-F] Fwd: The Digital Justice Conversations @ IGF 2020!

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Tue Oct 27 15:01:56 CET 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: IT for Change <itfc.communications at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 6:38 PM
Subject: The Digital Justice Conversations @ IGF 2020!
To: <michel at p2pfoundation.net>

*The Just Net Coalition and IT for Change invite you to the launch of the
Digital New Deal compendium and more!*

*@ the UN Internet Governance Forum (IGF), 2020*
<https://itforchange.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6fd97454ef6c0671ea92b5cb4&id=4f3ad09bf9&e=3bd86fc969>

*November 3, 2020 *

*09:20 AM - 12:20 PM UTC / 02:50 PM - 05:50 PM IST*
*06:20 AM - 09:20 AM ART / 05:20 PM - 08:20 PM CST*

Join the Just Net Coalition and IT for Change at our IGF pre-event, The
Digital Justice Conversations
<https://itforchange.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6fd97454ef6c0671ea92b5cb4&id=dc44b54bab&e=3bd86fc969>,
on November 3 at 9:20 AM UTC (2:50 PM IST). At this year’s virtual IGF, we
are excited to host a 3-part session that brings together a series of
interactive and interesting dialogues on digital justice.

*Part 1: A panel discussion on*
*‘Global Networking for Digital Justice in the New Age’*

9:20 AM - 10:30 AM (UTC) / 02:50 PM – 4:00 PM (IST)

The digital is on the political agenda today, but how can the global civil
society make social and economic rights *vis-à-vis* the digital a critical
part of this agenda? Attend our opening panel, which kicks off with these
questions and offers directions for the evolving strategy of the Just Net
Coalition.

*Speakers:* Neth Daño, Deborah James, Nandini Chami and Sofía Scarssera

*Session Moderator:* Parminder Jeet Singh

*Part 2: The launch of*
*‘A Digital New Deal: Visions of Justice in a Post-Covid World’*

10:30 AM - 11:20 AM (UTC) / 04:00 PM – 04:50 PM (IST)

Join us for the launch of one of our most ambitious intellectual
undertakings ever — A Digital New Deal: Visions of Justice in a Post-Covid
World. This compendium of essays and interviews from leading global
scholars, activists and practitioners takes stock of the digital realm, and
constructs alternatives to current frameworks, pathways and institutional
arrangements. Hear from visionaries and advocates, engaged in the fight for
a fairer world, about their visions of a future where digital technology is
democratically governed and committed to justice.

*Speakers: *Amba Kak, Amber Sinha, Anita Gurumurthy, Anasuya Sengupta,
Christina Colclough, Emiliano Trere, Francois Soulard, Gianlucca lazzolino,
Jun-e Tan, Kate Lappin, Mariana Valente, Neth Daño, Pu Yan, Richard Hill,
Richard Kozul-Wright, Roberto Bissio, Yoke-Ling Chee and more.

*Visit our IGF event page for a detailed list of contributors and their
topics
<https://itforchange.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6fd97454ef6c0671ea92b5cb4&id=81cac0defb&e=3bd86fc969>*

*Part 3: Reflections by Prof. Saskia Sassen*
Robert S. Lynd Professor of Sociology, Columbia University
*followed by an open interaction*

11:20 AM - 12:20 PM (UTC) / 04:50 PM – 05:50 PM (IST)

*How to attend:*

If you have *registered for IGF, go to this link
<https://itforchange.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6fd97454ef6c0671ea92b5cb4&id=ad135a9577&e=3bd86fc969>
and click on “Add this session to my Schedule”* to get your unique Zoom
link for the session.

If you have *not registered for IGF, visit the IGF YouTube page
<https://itforchange.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6fd97454ef6c0671ea92b5cb4&id=405645c691&e=3bd86fc969>*
where the session will be streamed live.
[image: Twitter]
<https://itforchange.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6fd97454ef6c0671ea92b5cb4&id=52200052c4&e=3bd86fc969>
[image: Facebook]
<https://itforchange.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6fd97454ef6c0671ea92b5cb4&id=64e3ad8fd0&e=3bd86fc969>