[P2P-F] Fwd: NEWS (Announcements)

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 13:56:58 CET 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Great Transition Network <gtnetwork at greattransition.org>
Date: Sat, Nov 14, 2020 at 5:26 AM
Subject: NEWS (Announcements)
To: Great Transition Network <gtnmembers at greattransition.org>

>From Paul Raskin [praskin at tellus.org]
Dear GTN Colleagues,

I hope you are all keeping well in these strange and troubling days. Who
would have thought that a tilt toward Conventional Worlds politics in the
US would become a cause of celebration, or at least relief? But we’ll take
it: the best path to a GT passes through Policy Reform.

Thanks to the 60+ of you who contributed to the September GTN discussion*
Universal Basic Income: Has the Time Come?* It was an astonishingly
animated, informative, and incisive exchange that left me, for one, with a
lot to mull over. We have now gathered a representative subset of the
comments into a GTI Forum geared to a general readership that is now live
on our homepage <http://www.greattransition.org/> . Please share it,
republish it, blog it.

Our December GTN discussion will examine the relationship of two big ideas:
the Anthropocene and the Great Transition. I will kick things off on soon
with a brief—and perhaps provocative—essay, entitled “Interrogating the
Anthropocene: Truth and Fallacy.”

Please post news on the GTN Bulletin Board
<https://greattransition.org/bulletin-board/> (submit info to
jcohn at tellus.org). The latest announcements include:
•    A job opening in sustainability policy and planning at Tufts
•    Recent articles, documentaries, and webinars
•    New books by Julie Schor, Jennie Stephens, Maurie Cohen, Stephen
Purdey, and Joe Ravetz
•    Publication of *The New Systems Reader: Alternatives to a Failed
Economy*, edited by Gus Speth, with contributions from a number of GTNers
(including yours truly).

Onward,
Paul
Hit reply to post a comment on the GT Network
Read all comments (or reply) here
<https://greattransition.org/announcements/news#3322>
Note: Expect a delay between posting and receiving your comment
Need help? Email jcohn at tellus.org

--
P2P Foundation: http://wiki.p2pfoundation.net <http://p2pfoundation.net>  -
http://blog.p2pfoundation.net

Updates: ; http://twitter.com/mbauwens; http://www.facebook.com/mbauwens

Curation of news on p2p/commons developments:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/p2p.open/