[P2P-F] Fwd: SAVE THE DATE | Join our online event on 1st July

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Thu Jun 25 14:42:25 CEST 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: European Alternatives <info at euroalter.com>
Date: Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 4:08 PM
Subject: SAVE THE DATE | Join our online event on 1st July
To: <michel at p2pfoundation.net>

For a citizens-centered Conference on the Future of Europe
View this email in your browser
<https://mailchi.mp/ffabe7fc7e79/save-the-date-join-our-online-event-on-1st-july-6038592?e=6b7bbd1de7>
*1st of July: For a citizens-centered Conference on the Future of Europe*

At the occasion of the beginning of the German EU presidency, and while the
institutions are still remaining silent about the Conference on the Future
of Europe, we continue advocating that citizens and residents of Europe
should be at the center of the debate.

The Citizens Take Over Europe coalition invites citizens and civil society
organisations to discuss the political urgency for the future of Europe,
starting from the Recovery Fund and the reforms that the European Union
needs to make through a European Citizens Assembly. This will be the moment
also to discuss how we can design this assembly together and make it happen.
REGISTER TO THE EVENT
<https://euroalter.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4bf4540fe0743f5279654e45f&id=45b8647ea3&e=6b7bbd1de7>
As part of the program, we will present the following 3 demands to the
German Presidency in an open letter we published today:

   - * Urgently commit to a timetable for the Conference on the Future of
   Europe,* and engage civil society to co-design the Conference’s format

   - *Put citizens centre-stage at all phases of the Conference, *firmly
   anchor civil society’s role in the Conference’s structure, and use randomly
   selected citizens’ assemblies to achieve representation of less-represented
   groups

   - *Pledge to follow-up to any significant reforms recommended* by the
   Conference, including the possibility of treaty change.

This open letter is our civil society response to the delayed and uncertain
Conference on the Future of Europe, which was promised to us by EU
Commission President Von Der Leyen last year. *If you also believe that
the EU German Presidency should make it a priority to work together with
the citizens, civil society, and other institutions, please sign our
letter!*
SIGN THE OPEN LETTER!
<https://euroalter.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4bf4540fe0743f5279654e45f&id=59570b8ca0&e=6b7bbd1de7>
*We can only build a positive European future by reclaiming Europe from the
botto**m up. Join us! *
[image: https://twitter.com/takeover_europe]
<https://euroalter.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4bf4540fe0743f5279654e45f&id=f65fa368d3&e=6b7bbd1de7>
[image: https://www.facebook.com/events/663312394223484/]
<https://euroalter.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4bf4540fe0743f5279654e45f&id=72dffb69dc&e=6b7bbd1de7>
[image: Website]
<https://euroalter.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4bf4540fe0743f5279654e45f&id=7bf57abf8b&e=6b7bbd1de7>

If you do not want to continue receiving news from European Alternatives,
please click on the following link:  update your preferences
<https://euroalter.us4.list-manage.com/profile?u=4bf4540fe0743f5279654e45f&id=08e9bef21f&e=6b7bbd1de7>
or unsubscribe from this list
<https://euroalter.us4.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=4bf4540fe0743f5279654e45f&id=08e9bef21f&e=6b7bbd1de7&c=4fce4f4334>
.