[P2P-F] Fwd: Green Academy, Fair and Carbon Free Tourism, #GEJ20 and more.

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Tue Dec 1 12:29:33 CET 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Green European Foundation <info at gef.eu>
Date: Tue, Dec 1, 2020 at 4:55 PM
Subject: Green Academy, Fair and Carbon Free Tourism, #GEJ20 and more.
To: *|FNAME|* <michel at p2pfoundation.net>

Be the first to try out our upgraded e-learning platform - Green Academy.
View this email in your browser
<https://mailchi.mp/gef/gef-newsletter-december2020?e=e33317f743>
DECEMBER 2020
Read through the newsletter to find out about our upcoming events in
December and other exciting opportunities at GEF!
Green Academy is live! *NEW E-LEARNING TOOL*

We're excited to announce the launch of the long-awaited update of our
e-learning website - Green Academy! The website was built with *curious
Europeans of all ages and backgrounds* in mind. We enable them to
develop *knowledge
& skills*, to build meaningful connections, and to *put theory into
practice*.

What's new? We've improved overall *user experience* - from the easy sign
up to learning without distractions. We've also enhanced the
*content interactivity* - making learning deeper and much more exciting. We
now offer access to completely *free, paid or closed courses* - to learn at
your own pace or as part of a broader education programme.

Be the first to take advantage of the improved e-learning experience.
Start learning now!
<https://gef.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=fbf70df867e35f9b496f3833d&id=458c563303&e=e33317f743>
Fair and Carbon Free Tourism

This project seeks to identify and create conditions for collective action
against detrimental social and environmental impacts of tourism. These
impacts of tourism-induced economic activities are often underestimated,
and while social impacts are increasingly being considered in some tourist
hubs like Barcelona or Dubrovnik, environmental burdens in particular are
often not (yet) addressed. COVID-19 has devastated the tourism industry,
with many livelihoods at stake, but perhaps there is a window of
opportunity to rebuild better.

In December, we offer three webinars that strive to build a community
interested in transforming this sector and steering it towards low or
zero-carbon intensity, while keeping a specific focus on the social
dimension and lessons from the pandemic.
Towards a Fair and Low Carbon Tourism Join us as we chart a course Towards
a Fair and Low Carbon Tourism, with a particular focus on tourism-dependent
Spain.

*Register*
<https://gef.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=fbf70df867e35f9b496f3833d&id=fef4cd96d5&e=e33317f743>
Transformative pathways for tourism Take part in our webinar to engage in
political and expert debate on how the tourism industry can be transformed
in the midst of pandemic and climate crisis!

*Register*
<https://gef.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=fbf70df867e35f9b496f3833d&id=8ab3c699af&e=e33317f743>
Sun and Sand Tourism Decades of mass tourism have put the Mediterranean
coast under tremendous environmental pressure, yet the livelihoods of
millions depend on it. Join our webinar.

*Register*
<https://gef.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=fbf70df867e35f9b496f3833d&id=37cb03602a&e=e33317f743>
Upcoming events
Civil society in action At this conference, we will discuss cooperation and
activism, tackling pressing issues in Polish society from the European
Green Deal to the protection of civil rights.

*Register*
<https://gef.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=fbf70df867e35f9b496f3833d&id=ca1fc4d502&e=e33317f743>
2 - 16 DEC 2020
In Search of a Green City Online Series Join us for a series of webinars
that will search for a Green City across Eastern Europe and the Balkans.

*Register*
<https://gef.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=fbf70df867e35f9b496f3833d&id=04fba71076&e=e33317f743>
Evergreen: Restoring Europe’s Forests If forest losses continue to increase
many ecosystem services in forests threaten to falter. Join our discussion
on illegal logging and its place in our ecological crisis.

*Register*
<https://gef.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=fbf70df867e35f9b496f3833d&id=9cfe821ad3&e=e33317f743>
Greening COP26: Five years after Paris We're marking the 5th anniversary of
the Paris Agreement with this webinar, discussing what's next for the
movement. Join the talk with an inspiring panel!

*Register*
<https://gef.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=fbf70df867e35f9b496f3833d&id=b2591956e8&e=e33317f743>
Public Health and Green Recovery We invite Petra de Sutter, Belgian deputy
prime minister and minister for the civil service and public enterprises to
discuss COVID-19 and its impact on public health.

*Save the date*
<https://gef.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=fbf70df867e35f9b496f3833d&id=1eda45aed4&e=e33317f743>
*GREEN EUROPEAN JOURNAL* Life Under Shock: Understanding the Pandemic

*The new edition of the Green European Journal is out now!*

The health crisis and its tragic consequences have radically changed every
aspect of social life. The implications of Covid-19 go deep, worsening
social inequalities, speeding up disruptive technological change, and
exposing a broken relationship with the natural world. From the experience
of urban areas to new solidarities such as the notion of essential workers,
this edition traces its causes and effects, as well as our response.
Spanning loneliness among the elderly, the future of public health, and
biodiversity loss, it tracks how the pandemic shines a light on fundamental
challenges for the 21st century.

While some wish to return to business as usual, putting health over the
economy has forced the politics of life and living together out into the
open, and as this edition shows, the task for Greens and progressives are
keeping them at the centre of our politics.

Read online
<https://gef.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=fbf70df867e35f9b496f3833d&id=5312c7c6af&e=e33317f743>
or order your copy below.
Order your copy
<https://gef.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=fbf70df867e35f9b496f3833d&id=3008ba4fe2&e=e33317f743>
[image: Website]
<https://gef.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=fbf70df867e35f9b496f3833d&id=a42176a3d5&e=e33317f743>
[image: Facebook]
<https://gef.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=fbf70df867e35f9b496f3833d&id=744f16d2ea&e=e33317f743>
[image: Twitter]
<https://gef.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=fbf70df867e35f9b496f3833d&id=d3262f88a2&e=e33317f743>
[image: LinkedIn]
<https://gef.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=fbf70df867e35f9b496f3833d&id=8497657645&e=e33317f743>
[image: YouTube]
<https://gef.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=fbf70df867e35f9b496f3833d&id=eec154c35a&e=e33317f743>
[image: Instagram]
<https://gef.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=fbf70df867e35f9b496f3833d&id=b6adcff9e2&e=e33317f743>
* 2020 Green European Foundation*

*Our mailing address is:*
Mundo Madou – Avenue des Arts 7-8, 1210 Brussels

You can update your preferences
<https://gef.us7.list-manage.com/profile?u=fbf70df867e35f9b496f3833d&id=7637ff8970&e=e33317f743>
or unsubscribe from this list
<https://gef.us7.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=fbf70df867e35f9b496f3833d&id=7637ff8970&e=e33317f743&c=82917fcab8>.