[P2P-F] Fwd: The Climate Strike - What an Amazing Day!

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 05:26:12 CEST 2019

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Tikkun & the Network of Spiritual Progressives <
cat at spiritualprogressives.org>
Date: Sat, Sep 21, 2019 at 8:00 AM
Subject: The Climate Strike - What an Amazing Day!
To: Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>

*We need your support to bring the kind of analyses and information *Tikkun*
provides. **Click here
<https://default.salsalabs.org/Tce43483d-07c4-4855-b90f-ae36f784ceea/c02a8189-8f6d-41ef-94fe-7ef8c2c49d3d>
to make a tax-deductible contribution.*

Climate March - What an Amazing and Inspiring Day

Image courtesy of Cat Zavis

Today we at Tikkun and many spiritual progressives around the world joined
the worldwide Climate Strike,  in San Francisco and many other locations
led and organized by Youth vs. Apocalypse. The organizers brilliantly
linked issues of climate justice and migrant justice, political ineptitude
and the call for a Green New Deal, corporate profit and fair wages and
environmental destruction, and the separation of children at our borders
and wars and climate devastation.

In San Francisco, we were joined by thousands of people of all races, ages,
genders, ethnicities, and religions – led by youth, marching in unity to
save the planet. It was a spectacular and inspiring day. Along the march we
stopped at Nancy Pelosi and Diane Feinstein’s offices, demanding that they
support a Green New Deal; Bank of America, challenging their investments in
fossil fuels that destroy indigenous communities; Amazon, demanding they
stop cooperating with ICE and pay their workers fair wages; Black Rock,
telling them to stop funding companies that are burning the Amazon
rainforest (with the chant – “Black Rock, Black Rock, How much do you earn,
For murdering our children as the Amazon burns?”); PG&E for their
negligence that has caused massive fires, paying executives and
stockholders millions of dollars and fighting against renewable energy; and
ICE because of their family separation policy, including placing children
in cages, when many are fleeing due to weather disasters. It ended with
speeches by children of all ages, some as young as 5, and elders, from near
and far.

We were inspired and hopeful. If you were there at one of these events,
send us a note about your experiences! As you know, we believe that these
kinds of demonstrations are important as one part of a strategy, and they
also need to be linked to a larger strategy and a vision of the world we
want. When these two are joined, real transformation will ensue. Today we
are feeling hopeful!! Hope you are too.

Rabbi Michael Lerner & Cat Zavis

*Click below to share this article on the platform of your choice!*

*
<https://default.salsalabs.org/T43145af5-eb55-4670-88e4-120522b3f24d/c02a8189-8f6d-41ef-94fe-7ef8c2c49d3d>
<https://default.salsalabs.org/T4ba3e527-7543-4876-a5ad-007079eb3f31/c02a8189-8f6d-41ef-94fe-7ef8c2c49d3d>*

*Please click here
<https://default.salsalabs.org/T38914e99-ff63-4e5b-8ac4-b0e9156cd257/c02a8189-8f6d-41ef-94fe-7ef8c2c49d3d>
support independent media by making **a tax-deductible contribution.*
Contact Us

*Tikkun* & the Network of Spiritual Progressives
2342 Shattuck Ave #1200
Berkeley, California 94704
(510) 644-1200
magazine at tikkun.org