[P2P-F] Fwd: Launch of the Industry Commons Foundation

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Thu Sep 5 13:03:18 CEST 2019

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Andrew Dubber <dubber at musictechfest.net>
Date: Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 12:46 PM
Subject: Launch of the Industry Commons Foundation
To: Michel Bauwens <michel at p2pfoundation.net>

Our biggest announcement yet

*Photography: Andrea Cerrato*

Hi Michel,

As you know, *#MTFLabs* have put creativity at the centre of innovation
across all industry sectors for a long time. For the past couple of years,
we've been working on a scale up of that MTF innovation ecosystem.

Last week, we finally received official validation from Stockholm County of
our new not-for-profit organisation: Industry Commons Foundation
<https://musictechfest.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2fff492682fa89054a14e8980&id=6e4a512891&e=8bfc5ce1d6>.
This is a huge deal for the entire MTF community.

The *Industry Commons* places culture and creativity at the core of
industry innovation, protects the intellectual property of both the source
technology provider and the individual innovators, and democratises radical
innovation using the latest technologies.

It enables technology transfer from academia and industry to labs filled
with brilliant innovators from the global MTF community, it supports the
ingenious transversal and hybrid ideas that come out of that process
through incubation, creates entirely new market categories and helps those
ideas grow to commercial prototype.

The creation of this foundation provides the platform, infrastructure and
network to boost the intellectual capital that emerges from this diverse
and multi-disciplinary community.

The *Industry Commons* is the brainchild of MTF's founder and innovation
advisor to the European Commission, Michela Magas, who will serve as the
Foundation's chair.

On its board is a collection of absolute luminaries
<https://musictechfest.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2fff492682fa89054a14e8980&id=a1c1b6a6e6&e=8bfc5ce1d6>
including: the VP Innovation for Imperial College London; the former
Director of Intel Labs Europe; the Director of the Swedish Media Council;
the founder of the European Network of Living Labs; the COO of Urban ICT
Arena at Kista; CEO of Innovation Pioneers; Head of Innovation for the
Swedish National Space Agency; Executive Director of the EU Law Observatory
of New Technologies; the Programme Director of the Data as an Enabler
Programme at Vake; and yours truly.

Next week we'll be announcing the first *Industry Commons Ecosystem (ICE)
Labs* to take place later this year in the lead up to the next Music Tech
Fest, where we'll showcase the results.

In the meantime, I wanted to let you know what we've been working on. It's
such a huge achievement and I'm so proud to be associated with this
incredible group of world-class innovation leaders. Really looking forward
to seeing what we can make happen with this amazing team and structure in
place.

All the best,

Andrew Dubber
Director, *Music Tech Fest*
Steering Board Member, *Industry Commons Foundation*

*Copyright © 2019 Music Tech Fest, All rights reserved.*
You're receiving this email because you are part of the MTF global
community.

*Our mailing address is:*
Music Tech Fest
7A Centralen