[P2P-F] What_You_Should_Read_To_Understand_the_Commons

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 17:55:40 CEST 2019

dear friends,

this was done upon request of Evi Swinnen, our P2P Foundation chairperson
and co-initiator of the School of Commons in the Flanders, which took off
recently generating high interest.

As we are moving to chaotic times, a longer term historical frame can help
us maintain, the longer term optimism of the will, while we have to make do
with the more short-term pessimism of the intellect.

These books should help you make sense of the coming chaotic transition,
and to see the light at the end of the tunnel. The commons-bases society
that has learned to live within ecological and thermo-dynamic constraints
<is> coming, but its birth won't be easy. The good news is that we have
done this more than once in our common history.

The annotated bibliography will have 3 parts, this is just the first one,
generating a contextual understanding for a better understanding of the
place of the commons in human history.

I really think you should make time in your life, to read these specific
books.

https://wiki.p2pfoundation.net/What_You_Should_Read_To_Understand_the_Commons