[P2P-F] Fwd: Extinction Resilience!

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Tue Jun 25 14:50:10 CEST 2019

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Kosmos Journal <info at kosmosjournal.org>
Date: Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 2:00 PM
Subject: Extinction Resilience!
To: michel <michel at p2pfoundation.net>

Click here
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=11c15ce75c&e=1714399d97>
to read this newsletter on our website.
[image: Kosmos Community Newsletter]
Extinction Resilience! June 25th, 2019
*Editorial |** Resonance and Relationship*

*In Kosmos Quarterly, Summer Edition*
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=a035c6759c&e=1714399d97>

We are losing treasure – species, ecosystems, and the essential fluids of
our planet. If we think of these as separate elements – a species of turtle
here, a rainforest there – then we are missing the real implications.

Plants, animals, and minerals are interdependent members of their
eco-communities and the family of Life. Everything exists in relationship.
This is biology, not just philosophy. And now, biological and quantum
theories of consciousness are reinforcing what the mystics have always
known. Matter and mind are co-equal sides of the same coin. A new theory of
resonance
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=dce2d2121d&e=1714399d97>
(Tam
Hunt, Jonathan Schooler), suggests that vibrational relationships underlie
all physical processes, on a continuum of increasing richness, from
sub-atomic to complex neural processes, and may be the very basis of
consciousness.

*This means all matter is conscious at some level. The consciousness of
sand may be different than the consciousness of a panther…or a rainforest,
but the creational energy of the entire universe vibrates in every
subatomic particle that comprises it, and all matter resonates with this
immanence.*

We might even say that that *consciousness evolves through resonant
relationships*. That is why, when we lose a species, consciousness itself
is diminished. You can feel this reality in your own heart, when you learn
that a species is gone. It’s like losing a part of yourself. Imagine the
collective consciousness and ‘nature wisdom’ lost with the extinction of
the West African black rhinoceros
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=037ed3be98&e=1714399d97>,
after 8 million years of evolution. What community of relationships
vanished? Will songs of the black rhino still be sung?
*UNTIL JULY 31, KOSMOS WILL DONATE HALF OF EVERY NEW SUBSCRIPTION DOLLAR TO
THE CENTER FOR BIOLOGICAL DIVERSITY
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=471ea72563&e=1714399d97>,
“saving wildlife, their habitats and the laws they depend on to
survive.”* *SUBSCRIBE
TODAY!
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=7a8c29452d&e=1714399d97>*

When we think about ecocide, we often forget cultural ecocide. When places
are poisoned, blasted, clear-cut, or turned to deserts, the *people* of
those places – their stories, language, traditions and intimate knowledge
of the land – disappear along with the plants, animals, and minerals. All
of that connective tissue, where resonance resides, is obliterated.

These losses can be subtle. Urban expansion and hunting have pushed
chimpanzees, into shrinking preserves. Compared to chimpanzees in pristine
forests, these ‘refugee’ chimps demonstrate far less learned behavior
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=40e2aa04a3&e=1714399d97>.
Since their DNA overlaps with humans by 98 percent, what do we suppose
happens when humans are disconnected from nature, imprisoned, or forced to
flee their homelands? Wisdom will tell you: our destruction of the Earth is
damaging us – mind, body and spirit.

*The articles in our summer edition of Kosmos Quarterly
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=b8a4f7fde4&e=1714399d97>
*speak
to these deeper issues of relationship. ‘All My Relations’, or in the
*Lakota* language, *Mitákuye Oyás’iŋ, *is an important ceremonial prayer of
harmony and oneness with all beings. It is a prayer that honors Life.

*And there is so much Life still remaining to love, honor, and defend.
Wherever damage is occurring, we can still work to reverse it. And what is
intact, we can still protect. That is the spirit of the selfless work our
beloved contributors share here.*

*Pachamama Alliance*
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=8ebd63983b&e=1714399d97>
 and *PARCA*
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=f28ec4e1b5&e=1714399d97>
are
working to protect the Amazon rainforests and African rhinos respectively;
John Liu describes work to restore the Sinai Peninsula; Sam Teicher, the
coral reefs; and Laura Williams, forests in Portugal. There are stories of
inter-species cooperation with wild boars in Pakistan, and not one but
*two* talented
musicians collaborating with nightingales: David Rothenberg and Sam Lee.

Read about Sam Lee, Extinction Rebellion, and collaborating with
nightingales in ‘*Birdsong Hits the Charts*‘
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=53cec1d4e0&e=1714399d97>

Two articles – *Farming While Black* and *Plant-Based Medicine in Diaspora
Communities* – remind us of the relationships between climate, food, race,
and historic trauma, and the great healing potential that empowerment
unleashes. Two more paired articles on Earth justice and Plant-based
eating, offer mindfulness perspectives to help guide us in right action.

This edition is also a special collaboration with *Tamera** Peace Research
& Education Center*
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=66cdc420ef&e=1714399d97>
in Portugal. They are calling activists from around the world to attend
their August conference on resistance and regenerating the community of life
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=2bc90b05c8&e=1714399d97>.
Join Tamera and their work to build a planetary community of trust, shared
ethics, prayer, vision, and action to serve global system change.

All of this, and our beautiful poetry and art galleries too. Beauty will
always be the heart of *Kosmos*.

A common prayer of oneness in Buddhist traditions is, *may all beings be
happy; may all beings be free; may all being be at peace. *It might be
useful to add: *may all beings be* *in right relationship. *When we are in
right relationship with the Earth and all beings, then peace, happiness and
freedom are natural outcomes.

*Mitákuye Oyás’iŋ! *Let us return to right relationship with the Earth.
*Aho*! May it be so.

– R. Fabian, for *Kosmos*
The following articles, and many others
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=730ec8b5ca&e=1714399d97>,
are freely available without a subscription – thanks to our generous
Subscribers
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=7d5b605bf2&e=1714399d97>
.
Sacred Headwaters of the Amazon | Waking Up to Pachamama

A Conscious Conversation with Belén Páez and Bill Twist
In the Summer Edition of Kosmos Quarterly

Bill Twist | The area where we work, which has been called The Sacred
Headwaters of the Amazon, is the most biodiverse area of the Amazon Basin.
It’s still very resilient—there has been minimal human encroachment—but the
indigenous people are aware of what’s going on in other parts of the world.
And they know that if industrial-level extractivism moves into their
territory, they will face species extinction and degradation of their
territory’s natural ability to support life just as has happened in so many
parts of the world. They are fiercely committed that that doesn’t happen in
the area of the Sacred Headwaters.
READ MORE →
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=a9fbbeba4b&e=1714399d97>
The Holy Grail of Restoration | Mending the Sinai Peninsula

By John D. Liu
In the Summer Edition of Kosmos Quarterly

For several hundred generations, humans have altered the habitat of living
aquatic, plant, animal, bird, microbial, and fungal communities with
devastating effects to the region’s ecology. Over historical time, the
vegetative cover and evolutionary biodiversity of the Sinai has been in
large part lost. Imagine the importance if it were possible to restore the
region to ecological health.
READ MORE →
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=2e4e7ccc11&e=1714399d97>
Subscribe to Kosmos Quarterly

When you subscribe to the new Kosmos Quarterly, you receive a great
e-journal and much more.
SUBSCRIBE
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=8aef191b8e&e=1714399d97>

This email was sent to michel at p2pfoundation.net
*why did I get this?*
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/about?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=ae1ddf5599&e=1714399d97&c=cb20dc0ffc>
    unsubscribe from this list
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=ae1ddf5599&e=1714399d97&c=cb20dc0ffc>
    update subscription preferences
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/profile?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=ae1ddf5599&e=1714399d97>
Kosmos Associates · PO Box 2102 · Lenox, MA 01240 · USA

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/