[P2P-F] Fwd: "How I Launched the First Legal Cafe in Ohio!"

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Fri Jul 19 00:33:05 CEST 2019

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Elizabeth Burnett <elizabeth at theselc.org>
Date: Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 5:30 PM
Subject: "How I Launched the First Legal Cafe in Ohio!"
To: Michel Bauwens <michel at p2pfoundation.net>

Dear Michel,

You’ve probably heard about the Law Center’s Resilient Communities Legal
Cafe
<https://www.theselc.org/cafe?e=5af0fb96cc323505133b237ae4b8287128238f30&utm_source=theselc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=july_18_2019&n=1>
<https://www.theselc.org/cafe?e=5af0fb96cc323505133b237ae4b8287128238f30&utm_source=theselc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=july_18_2019&n=2>,
our award-winning drop-in legal clinics that happen 3x each month in  East
Bay cafes and community spaces. But can a Legal Cafe happen in a mid-sized
town in Southwest Ohio,  where no one’s ever heard of it? Yes it can! Read
the story
<https://www.theselc.org/guest_post_how_i_launched_the_first_resilient_communities_legal_cafe_in_ohio?e=5af0fb96cc323505133b237ae4b8287128238f30&utm_source=theselc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=july_18_2019&n=3>
of how Jacqueline Radebaugh, a Legal Fellow
<https://www.theselc.org/fellows?e=5af0fb96cc323505133b237ae4b8287128238f30&utm_source=theselc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=july_18_2019&n=4>,
launched a Legal Cafe in Dayton providing free legal support to
community-entrepreneurs in her own town.

<https://www.theselc.org/guest_post_how_i_launched_the_first_resilient_communities_legal_cafe_in_ohio?e=5af0fb96cc323505133b237ae4b8287128238f30&utm_source=theselc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=july_18_2019&n=5>

Our work supports many rad lawyers like Jacqueline who are trying to remove
the huge barriers that exist for community-based entrepreneurs! We’re
growing a network and creating an entire ecosystem where *community *
*change-makers* can afford to access social enterprise lawyers and
resources.

But we can’t keep expanding our impact without people like you. *Support
our **#PeoplePoweredLaw Fundraising Campaign*
<https://www.theselc.org/people_powered_law_fundraiser?e=5af0fb96cc323505133b237ae4b8287128238f30&utm_source=theselc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=july_18_2019&n=6>*
by becoming a monthly **community member*
<https://www.theselc.org/people_powered_law_fundraiser?e=5af0fb96cc323505133b237ae4b8287128238f30&utm_source=theselc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=july_18_2019&n=7>*!
*Don’t wait till later or for someone else -- your support is crucial to
transforming the legal landscape right now for community-led solutions.

Movements start in the street and thrive through the leadership in our
communities. *The Law Center works to make sure that big ideas in our
movements are legally supported, giving them a lasting effect on today’s
most pressing issues. *To support these big ideas we need people-powered
lawyers  advising our community entrepreneurs and change-makers. We want to
live in a world where everyone has the legal support they need to come
together and begin developing their own sustainable sources of food,
housing, energy, jobs, and other vital aspects of a thriving people-powered
community.

Your monthly contribution helps create that world where attorneys are
available to empower just and resilient communities everywhere! Chip in
what you can today.

<https://www.theselc.org/people_powered_law_fundraiser?e=5af0fb96cc323505133b237ae4b8287128238f30&utm_source=theselc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=july_18_2019&n=8>

Thank you for your support!

Elizabeth Burnett
http://www.theselc.org/
<http://www.theselc.org/?e=5af0fb96cc323505133b237ae4b8287128238f30&utm_source=theselc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=july_18_2019&n=9>

PS: Where do you want to see new legal cafes pop up? Imagine what could be
possible with your help!
<https://www.theselc.org/people_powered_law_fundraiser?e=5af0fb96cc323505133b237ae4b8287128238f30&utm_source=theselc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=july_18_2019&n=10>

-=-=-
Sustainable Economies Law Center · 1428 Franklin St, Oakland, CA 94612,
United States
This email was sent to michel at p2pfoundation.net. To stop receiving
emails, click
here