[P2P-F] Fwd: From Chico Whitaker: asking for help to avoid a disaster

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Mon Jan 21 14:45:01 CET 2019

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: LAU Kin Chi <laukc at ln.edu.hk>
Date: Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 3:19 AM
Subject: From Chico Whitaker: asking for help to avoid a disaster
To: globalufoundingmembers at googlegroups.com <
globalufoundingmembers at googlegroups.com>
Cc: our.global.u at gmail.com <our.global.u at gmail.com>

*From:* chico whitaker <chicowf31 at gmail.com>
*Sent:* Sunday, January 20, 2019 1:51 PM
*To:* Chico Whitaker
*Subject:* asking for help to avoid a disaster

Dear friend, I am supposing I asked you already to sign and to diffuse the
most this petition, addressed to the Federal Public Prosecutor of Brazil.

https://www.change.org/UsinaNuclearNao   (AUSSI EN FRANÇAIS - TAMBEM EM
PORTUGUÊS).

If you have already signed, I thank you but I would ask you to sent it
again to your friends, coworkers and citizens you know in all countries.
Often people do not sign immediately and the petition disappears among the
messages received. Specially as the petition was launched very near
Christmas and New Year.

It is an action to stop an incredible absurdity: the resumption of the
construction in Brazil of a nuclear power plant with a 50 years old
project. It is the third Brazilian nuclear power plant, twice interrupted –
in 1983 and 2016. But they want to resume the construction using the same
obsolete project. You can see more information in the petition.

The number of those who have signed the petition is growing each day, We
have already more than 3,000. But we need many more signatures to wake up
the Federal Public Ministry, the only institution with the means to block
this insanity, facing the very powerful nuclear lobby and interested
companies.

It's in our hands to protect Brazil of the nightmare of a possible nuclear
catastrophe because of an obsolete project. But it is very difficult to
mobilize people in Brazil on the nuclear issue. It is not present in our
daily life, and Chernobyl and Fukushima are very far in time and in space.

As everything is possible with the government installed on 1st January
2019, as certainly you know, we count with your solidarity, while also
considering that the consequences of major nuclear accidents do not stop at
the borders of the countries.

Fraternally, Chico Whitaker (Xô Nuclear, Coalition for a nuclear power
plants free Brazil. and Brazilian Anti-nuclear Articulation)

 PS. If you have relations with the concerned circles – unions, movements
and institutions and NGOs willing to do more than sign a petition – I can
provide them with information for other types of action (chicowf at uol.com.br).
And I will be myself in Europe from the 15th January, to present directly
more  information.

[image: Lingnan University Hong Kong] <https://www.ln.edu.hk>
[image: Transformation For Life]
<https://www.ln.edu.hk/transformation-for-life>