[P2P-F] new affiliates for p2p lab and solidarity franchising proposals

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 13:29:28 CET 2019

dear friends,

some of you will appreciate that the P2P Foundation is a heterarchical
network, i.e. a collaboration of autonomous streams of activity, and
accompagnying independent institutions, that coordinate their work and aims
around 3 shared strategic objectives (ethical livelihoods, sustainable
production, commons-based policy transitions) and a agreement around
constitutive values ('about the p2p foundation' page).

So we have a research activity stream, represented by a physical p2p lab, a
greek NGO to handle administration, and a 'affiliate network'

In total, we have 13 paid people in the p2p foundation, 10 of whom are
researchers, at least according to my count <g>; also we are of have hired
an extra 6 people for 4 years, to do cosmo-local research.

The P2P Lab is now also extending its reach and capacity for action
research, through an 'Affiliate Network', where we were just joined by the
amazing Laura Martelloni of the LAMA cooperative, with whom we collaborated
in the past.

P2P Lab’s affiliates are (in alphabetical order):

Primavera De Filippi
Lucas Lemos
Laura Martelloni
Vasilis Ntouros
Elena Pagani
Kelly Pavlaki

The P2P Lab also announces the creation of a solidarity franchising
initiative, to create a network of labs.

"We will gladly collaborate with communities or individuals who want to
build a P2P Lab in their city inspired by the idea of solidarity
franchising."

Vasilis Niaros knows more: http://www.p2plab.gr/en/members