[P2P-F] Fwd: Public Declaration about Just and Sustainable Manufacturing in Australia

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 06:05:36 CET 2019

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Joanne McNeill <J.Mcneill at westernsydney.edu.au>
Date: Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 5:05 AM
Subject: Public Declaration about Just and Sustainable Manufacturing in
Australia
To: michelsub2004 at gmail.com <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>

Hi Michel

We thought you may be interested to see the attached Public
Declaration that outlines a vision for just and sustainable manufacturing
in Australia, signed by industry leaders who are participating in our
Australian Research Council Discovery Project (
https://www.westernsydney.edu.au/ics/research/projects#manufacturing).  Before
Christmas, on behalf of the signatories, we sent this declaration to a
broad range of politicians in the Federal and NSW governments in an attempt
to inform policy deliberations in the lead up to the 2019 Federal and NSW
State elections.

As you are no doubt aware, business is being asked to take a lead in
meeting the targets set by the Sustainable Development Goals (see the
recent report www.pwc.com/sdgreportingchallenge). Our research has
identified that the manufacturers who are signatories to this Public
Declaration have much to showcase about how the Sustainable Development
Goals *Decent Work and Economic Growth* (Goal 8), and *Responsible
Consumption and Production* (Goal 12) can be met. Their stories are largely
unknown.

We have also sent the Declaration to a range of stakeholders here in
Australia, with the following included: *In the coming months we will be
preparing a policy and industry focused report and so are currently seeking
input to inform its broad positioning. We would be very interested to hear
of any events, publications or other channels you may be able to suggest -
through which we could help to raise the profile of the work of this group
of manufacturers and to promote discussion of the research findings. *

With best regards

Jo

(for the research team)

-----

*Joanne McNeill *
PhD (Political & Social Thought) | MA (Comms) | Churchill Fellow (2008)

Research Projects Manager | Senior Research Associate
Institute for Culture & Society | Western Sydney University

J.McNeill at westernsydney.edu.au  |  +61 402 200 816

<https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Joanne_Mcneill4/contributions>
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Joanne_Mcneill4
www.linkedin.com/in/joannemcneill/