[P2P-F] Fwd: [bgcon] "Global South Atlantic"

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Mon Feb 11 11:51:17 CET 2019

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Krystian Woznicki <kw at berlinergazette.de>
Date: Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 11:47 AM
Subject: [bgcon] "Global South Atlantic"
To: <digi-yards at berlinergazette.de>

Hi,

the 'ever less' logics of austerity and right-wing populism are
shrinking access to the world – be it at the level of existential
resources, social connections or discoursive space. The MORE WORLD
initiative intends to counter this trend. In an interview I conducted
with the postcolonial scholar Kerry Bystrom argues against 'world
shrinkage' by turning to the silenced realities of the South Atlantic.

The South Atlantic can be seen as a hidden link between Africa and Latin
America. As such it has enabled stories, people and goods to travel in
the shadows of globalization. Engendering a different narrative of this
epochal process, these ghosts of global geo-culture are cast in a
silence that we are challenged to become attuned to. Based on the book
“The Global South Atlantic”, edited by Kerry Bystrom and Joseph R.
Slaughter, the following interview shows that the silence bundles
political energies and imaginaries that can open more access to the
world as it is and as it could be.

The interview has been published on Mediapart.fr. Read it here:
https://bit.ly/2GjaxE5

Re-tweet this:
https://twitter.com/berlinergazette/status/1094910273071263744

Stay tuned,

Krystian

BG – Berliner Gazette | since 1999 | http://berlinergazette.de

BG’s 20th anniversary project MORE WORLD
https://more-world.berlinergazette.de

CHALLENGE ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE!
https://ambient-revolts.berlinergazette.de

BG BOOKS OUT NOW @ DP: