[P2P-F] Fwd: [bgcon] "SIGNALS – Algorithms of Disobedience"

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Thu Dec 5 21:39:38 CET 2019

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Krystian Woznicki <kw at berlinergazette.de>
Date: Thu, Dec 5, 2019 at 6:04 PM
Subject: [bgcon] "SIGNALS – Algorithms of Disobedience"
To: <digi-yards at berlinergazette.de>

Hi,

whistle-blowing – as one method to keep evasive powers accountable – is
becoming ever more important in an era characterized by the renaissance
of authoritarianism. In Europe, Serbia has one of the most authoritarian
governments: infrastructure, including public transportation and
Internet, is shut down when protests are emerging – just to name one
indicator for the authoritarian tendency. All this said, the Berliner
Gazette is particularly proud that our SIGNALS project
(https://berlinergazette.de/signals) was exhibited in Serbia this year.
Based on the NSA documents leaked by Edward Snowden, the art and
activism collective KUDA.org hosted the exhibition in a gallery in Novi
Sad, the second biggest city in Serbia. Here are some pictures from the
exhibition:
https://www.kuda.org/en/photo-ducumentation-exhibition-and-panel-discussion-signals-algorithms-disobedience-may-1314-2019

Please share this link as an inspiration for the important cooperative
work that needs to be done with material provided by whistle-blowers –
as one of the many ways to engage with what democracy is and could be.
And please re-tweet this:
https://twitter.com/berlinergazette/status/1202524995269939200

Best wishes,

Krystian (for the BG team)

BG – Berliner Gazette | since 1999 | http://berlinergazette.de

MORE WORLD – How can we cooperate across borders to tackle climate change?
BG’s 20th anniversary conference – October 10-12, 2019 – ZK/U
https://more-world.berlinergazette.de

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/