[P2P-F] Fwd: PGA Post: The Rules #2 2018

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Thu Sep 27 04:57:41 CEST 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Post Growth Alliance <alliance at postgrowth.org>
Date: Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 9:10 PM
Subject: PGA Post: The Rules #2 2018
To: Michel <michel at p2pfoundation.net>

Natural resource caps, ineffective or the answer?
PGA Member Content Update: From Jason Hickel and The Rules, a look at
curbing our natural resource use and green growth.
<https://postgrowthalliance.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dcc08996cc57fb1c3f5af62ec&id=e953ac13ef&e=604d04a371>
PGA Members submit your request for content creation here
<https://postgrowthalliance.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dcc08996cc57fb1c3f5af62ec&id=e5b4ac68a3&e=604d04a371>
.
Dear Michel,

Thanks for being so awesome! As a supporter of this Alliance, you're
helping shine a light on work that's truly making a difference.

To help The Rules
<https://postgrowthalliance.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dcc08996cc57fb1c3f5af62ec&id=f4c1a74925&e=604d04a371>
*:*
Share This Twitter Post
<https://postgrowthalliance.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dcc08996cc57fb1c3f5af62ec&id=bd541f3133&e=604d04a371>
Share This Facebook Post
<https://postgrowthalliance.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dcc08996cc57fb1c3f5af62ec&id=689688f4bd&e=604d04a371>
Alternatively, use any of the text below and the image above to craft your
own post. Remember: to tag people/groups, put the '@' symbol before their
name.

*Twitter Copy:*
New evidence suggests green growth isn't even possible:
http://bit.ly/greenforeignpolicy h/t: @jasonhickel @TheRulesOrg @postgrowth
#postgrowth #degrowth

*Facebook Copy: *
Natural resource caps, ineffective or the answer we have been looking for?

In his new article Jason Hickel asks us to rethink our current GDP
dependency as the main metric for national economic success. Rather, he
suggests exploring alternatives such as a genuine progress indicator (GPI).
Using GPI would help us maximize socially good outcomes while minimizing
ecologically bad ones.

What do you think?:
https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/09/12/why-growth-cant-be-green/
The significance of this article being published in Foreign Policy Magazine
should not be overlooked, demonstrating that these ideas are slowly but
surely entering mainstream discussions.

Hickel refers to recent research that confirms what many of us have long
felt: you can't look to the greening of economic growth as a way out of our
limits to growth dilemma. Hickel emphasizes that ending growth doesn’t mean
shutting down economic activity - it simply means that next year we can’t
produce and consume more than we are doing this year.

The boundary level of usable natural resources per year of 50 billion
metric tons was breached in 2000. Once this was reached, pursuing any
degree of economic growth drives resource use into the space beyond limits.

#PostGrowthAlliance submission by: @therules.org
h/t: @foreign.policy.magazine

This email was sent to michel at p2pfoundation.net
*why did I get this?*
<https://postgrowthalliance.us2.list-manage.com/about?u=dcc08996cc57fb1c3f5af62ec&id=ea6e1243f0&e=604d04a371&c=890b20ed57>
    unsubscribe from this list
<https://postgrowthalliance.us2.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=dcc08996cc57fb1c3f5af62ec&id=ea6e1243f0&e=604d04a371&c=890b20ed57>
    update subscription preferences
<https://postgrowthalliance.us2.list-manage.com/profile?u=dcc08996cc57fb1c3f5af62ec&id=ea6e1243f0&e=604d04a371>
Post Growth Institute · 1250 Siskiyou Boulevard · Ashland, OR 97520 · USA

[image: Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=dcc08996cc57fb1c3f5af62ec&afl=1>

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/