[P2P-F] Fwd: Patterning Instinct news

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 12:29:45 CEST 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Jeremy Lent <jeremy at jeremylent.com>
Date: Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 9:20 PM
Subject: Patterning Instinct news
To: Michel <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>

Recent article and upcoming events
View this email in your browser
<https://mailchi.mp/6dacd0693a3b/patterning-instinct-news-1853961?e=706ecc7286>
<https://jeremylent.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca3f163a7a35137b9c600dcba&id=215b335189&e=706ecc7286>
What Would an Ecological Civilization Look Like?

Dear Michel,

Last week, the UN's climate change task force, the IPCC, put the world on
notice that we have just 12 years to turn around our trajectory to global
disaster. Without drastic changes, we're well on the way to full-blown
climate breakdown, they warn, with unprecedented drought, flooding, and
famine. We need, they declare, "rapid, far-reaching and unprecedented
changes in all aspects of society.” But what exactly does that mean?

Following the IPCC's report, I published an article describing some of the
elements of what this might entail, entitled "*We Need an Ecological
Civilization Before It's Too Late.
<https://jeremylent.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca3f163a7a35137b9c600dcba&id=0447bee0ed&e=706ecc7286>*"
Please
read it and share your thoughts with me—and others you think might be
interested.

If you've read *The Patterning Instinct*, you'll know that in the final
chapter I write about the need for a Great Transformation of society,
encompassing a transformation of virtually every aspect of human
experience: our values, our goals, and our collective behavior. I've come
to believe that "Ecological Civilization" may be the best name for what
might emerge from this transition: a civilization based on the sustainable
health of interconnected living systems.

I'll be presenting on the topic of Ecological Civilization with my friend
and colleague, David Korten, at the *Parliament of World Religions*
<https://jeremylent.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca3f163a7a35137b9c600dcba&id=63ebe37f09&e=706ecc7286>
in Toronto from November 1–7. David has organized four panels on this
theme, and we'll be joined in this discussion by luminaries John Cobb and
Matthew Fox. In another panel, John and I will be in conversation with Mary
Evelyn Tucker on the topic of "*A Grounded Understanding of Harmony for
Earth Justice*." I hope to see some of you there!

If you're in the San Francisco Bay Area, I invite you to join me at
Stanford University's *Contemplation By Design Summit* on *Tuesday, October
30 at 7 p.m*. I'll be giving a talk on *"Cultural Mindfulness: Recognizing
How Culture Shapes Our Patterns of Thought"*—and you can register here for
free
<https://jeremylent.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca3f163a7a35137b9c600dcba&id=1605e98770&e=706ecc7286>
.

Also, you might enjoy listening to a couple of recent interviews I gave
related to this urgent topic: one with Derrick Jensen's Resistance Radio
<https://jeremylent.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca3f163a7a35137b9c600dcba&id=f1ca99ee60&e=706ecc7286>,
and the other with Joe Brewer from the Center on Applied Cultural Evolution
<https://jeremylent.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca3f163a7a35137b9c600dcba&id=208acfe524&e=706ecc7286>
.

The future is still up for grabs—I urge you to do your part to help move us
toward a path of sustainable flourishing, before it's too late!

Best regards,

Jeremy
BUY THE PATTERNING INSTINCT
<https://jeremylent.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca3f163a7a35137b9c600dcba&id=ead33c7241&e=706ecc7286>
BUY THE AUDIBLE EDITION
<https://jeremylent.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca3f163a7a35137b9c600dcba&id=9958c22331&e=706ecc7286>
ARTICLE
<https://jeremylent.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca3f163a7a35137b9c600dcba&id=0e228c70c2&e=706ecc7286>
*We Need an Ecological Civilization Before It's Too Late*
<https://jeremylent.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca3f163a7a35137b9c600dcba&id=71278371fe&e=706ecc7286>
*October 10, 2018*

In the face of climate breakdown and ecological overshoot, we need to
restructure the fundamentals of our global cultural/economic system to
cultivate an “ecological civilization”: one that prioritizes the health of
living systems over short-term wealth production.  *[Read more]
<https://jeremylent.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca3f163a7a35137b9c600dcba&id=b8f84feaa2&e=706ecc7286>
[Resilience]
<https://jeremylent.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca3f163a7a35137b9c600dcba&id=7d3f94ecfd&e=706ecc7286>
[EcoWatch]
<https://jeremylent.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca3f163a7a35137b9c600dcba&id=6b7408f0ce&e=706ecc7286>
[Common
Dreams]
<https://jeremylent.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca3f163a7a35137b9c600dcba&id=3b9e9bb169&e=706ecc7286>*
FEATURED INTERVIEWS
<https://jeremylent.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca3f163a7a35137b9c600dcba&id=538a62d823&e=706ecc7286>
Interview: *Resistance Radio* with Derrick Jensen
<https://jeremylent.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca3f163a7a35137b9c600dcba&id=034bf5c1b8&e=706ecc7286>
*We discuss how do we change the stories of the culture? How do cultures
change, and how can we transform things as rapidly as they need to be
changed?*
September 28, 2018 | 49 min
<https://jeremylent.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca3f163a7a35137b9c600dcba&id=6cece27e7d&e=706ecc7286>
Interview: *Beyond the Growth Paradigm *with Joe Brewer
<https://jeremylent.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca3f163a7a35137b9c600dcba&id=b11aa7fcee&e=706ecc7286>
*Together we explore how to apply insights about the importance of cultural
root metaphors to the transformation of our globalized economy in the next
few decades.*
October 4, 2018 | 1 hr
UPCOMING EVENTS
<https://jeremylent.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca3f163a7a35137b9c600dcba&id=3eedb732a3&e=706ecc7286>

*Tuesday Oct 30 | 7:00–8:15 pm Stanford University | Contemplation by
Design Summit*
*Cultural Mindfulness: Recognizing How Culture Shapes Our Patterns of
Thought*

Jeremy will identify historical foundations of our modern worldview and
show how, by becoming mindful of our patterns of thought, we have the
potential to redirect them for more beneficial outcomes. Register and more
info.
<https://jeremylent.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca3f163a7a35137b9c600dcba&id=7d1b2e8f67&e=706ecc7286>

------------------------------
<https://jeremylent.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca3f163a7a35137b9c600dcba&id=8906a60c25&e=706ecc7286>

*Thu Nov 1–Wed Nov 7 2018 Parliament of World Religions | Toronto*

Jeremy will take part in two panels during this weeklong conference:

*Panel: To Choose Our Common Future | Ecological Civilization Series*

*Panel: A Grounded Understanding of Harmony for Earth Justice | Earth
Justice Series*
Register and more info.
<https://jeremylent.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca3f163a7a35137b9c600dcba&id=32f162d682&e=706ecc7286>
BUY THE PATTERNING INSTINCT
<https://jeremylent.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca3f163a7a35137b9c600dcba&id=dd955d447e&e=706ecc7286>
<https://jeremylent.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca3f163a7a35137b9c600dcba&id=b528c4164b&e=706ecc7286>
<https://jeremylent.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca3f163a7a35137b9c600dcba&id=5fd3b0d54a&e=706ecc7286>
<https://jeremylent.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca3f163a7a35137b9c600dcba&id=861f79ee3f&e=706ecc7286>
*Copyright © 2018 Liology Institute, All rights reserved.*
Your are receiving this email because I believe you'll be interested, or
you signed up for my newsletter.

*Our mailing address is:*
Liology Institute
P.O. Box 9613
Berkeley, California 94709

Add us to your address book
<https://jeremylent.us13.list-manage.com/vcard?u=ca3f163a7a35137b9c600dcba&id=716aedbd5c>

You can update your preferences
<https://jeremylent.us13.list-manage.com/profile?u=ca3f163a7a35137b9c600dcba&id=716aedbd5c&e=706ecc7286>
or unsubscribe from this list
<https://jeremylent.us13.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=ca3f163a7a35137b9c600dcba&id=716aedbd5c&e=706ecc7286&c=aba5e20559>.

[image: Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=ca3f163a7a35137b9c600dcba&afl=1>