[P2P-F] Fwd: Spirit of Global Citizenship | Call for Essays and Works

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 22:03:26 CEST 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Kosmos Journal <info at kosmosjournal.org>
Date: Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 2:00 PM
Subject: Spirit of Global Citizenship | Call for Essays and Works
To: <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>

Click here
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=400d41e63d&e=60482295ca>
to read this newsletter on our website.
[image: Kosmos Community Newsletter]
Spirit of Global Citizenship | Call for Essays and Works October 16th,
2018 [image:
globalpop.jpg]*A developed country is not a place where the poor have cars,
it’s where the rich use public transportation.* – Former mayor of Bogota,
Colombia, *Enrique Penalosa* *Kosmos Quarterly *Call for Essays and Works
Dear Reader,

We are preparing the December edition of *Kosmos Quarterly* and hope you
will participate by submitting an essay, poem or artwork. We will be
exploring what it means to be a Global Citizen. How can we move beyond
platitudes and declarations, toward deep systemic transformation – new
institutional designs and new ways of being in the world that reflect our
highest hopes and respect nature’s boundaries? In what ways can we express
the civic values of a global citizen? How are you personally working to
embody the changes you wish to see in the world? What projects, models or
initiatives give you the greatest sense of hope?

We invite you to submit an essay under 1000 words, a poem, or other
artwork, on any of these dimensions or in answer to the question: What does
‘global citizenship’ evoke in your heart?

*Deadline: November 15, 2018 | **PLEASE REVIEW OUR GUIDELINES HERE*
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=62817f0e89&e=60482295ca>

Also in this newsletter, we are sharing two more features from the
*Quarterly*: the work of Belgian-Beninese photographer Fabrice Monteiro – *The
Prophecy*, and our recent *Quarterly* Keynote, *un-pick-apart-able, An
Ecology of Food, *by Nora Bateson.

*Please note that only Kosmos subscribers
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=9f89adc5a9&e=60482295ca>
have access to ALL the great content in Kosmos Quarterly.
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=deb522610e&e=60482295ca>*

Global Oneness Day, October 24th | Join *Kosmos* Founder, Nancy Roof for a
Special Panel: *Sacred Action* With Barnet Bain, Nancy Roof, Steve Bhaerman
and Karen Noe (host)

*7:00 to 8:00 pm Pacific* – Click here to find the time in other time zones.
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=d81c2c6276&e=60482295ca>

“Sacred Activism is first going within and then acting from the Divine
essence of who we are. We are all capable of accessing the Divine core of
our being when we quiet our minds and take deep breaths. It is about being
first and then taking action for that peaceful and calm state, which our
actions will be far more effective when we act from this state.” *LEARN
MORE*
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=c9430c9850&e=60482295ca>
Global Oneness Day is Online All Day and FREE
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=8629fd2f10&e=60482295ca>*See
the Schedule*
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=c193ad4203&e=60482295ca>

In the Light | Humanity’s Team

*Humanity’s Team*
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=0ef450ba8c&e=60482295ca>
is a global spiritual movement whose purpose is to embody the timeless
truth of Oneness, which is essential for responding to the world’s most
chronic and acute challenges, and vital for creating a sustainable world of
peace and harmony.

“Oneness is the energy of love that lies within and connects all of life,
allowing us to recognize ourselves in everything.”

The creation of *Global Oneness Day*
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=a6fa275a51&e=60482295ca>began
as a simple petition drive by Humanity’s Team to obtain 50,000 signatures
that could be delivered to the United Nations requesting that the U.N.
support the focus on “awakening Oneness”. When members of the Global
Council for Humanity’s Team met with the U.N., they presented the
signatures and also requested that the U.N. create a Global Oneness Day
that people around the world could celebrate.

Ambassador Anwarul Chowdhury, who hosted the Humanity’s Team Global Council
on behalf of the United Nations, graciously thanked the group for coming,
and spoke about the mission, vision and purpose of the United Nations
including its focus on solidarity. He said:

*“Until there is a sense of solidarity among the peoples of the world all
of our efforts for peace and security will go nowhere.”*

Ambassador Chowdhury invited Humanity’s Team to create a Global Oneness
Day. This October 24, 2018 will mark the ninth celebration of Global
Oneness Day.
*The Oneness Declaration*

I declare:

1.    That the message We Are All One, interrelated, interconnected and
interdependent, with God/Life/One-another, is the one spiritual message
that the world has been waiting for to bring about loving and sustainable
answers to humanity’s challenges.

2.    That the world does not have to be the way it is – and that
individual people can change it, using the power of spiritual citizenship.

3.    That humanity is good and has unlimited potential, and that social
transformation starts with personal transformation. I therefore recognize
the importance of connecting with my Divine Essence and inner wisdom
throughout my life’s journey; allowing the finest and the highest levels of
human potential to flourish for the benefit of all.

4.    That my aspirations support spiritual principles, global ethics and
universal values such as respect, justice, peace, dignity, freedom,
responsibility and cooperation that underlie this declaration.

5.    That human beings need each other to survive on this planet. I
recognize that we are all in this together and that community flourishes as
we learn about each other and revel in the wonder and beauty of our
diversities. I declare that I am playing my part to help to bring about a
culture in which we, the peoples of the world, can address our common
global concerns in an holistic, positive and transforming way and live
together in peace with one another.

6.    That Oneness contains All of life – also the parts that we regard as
the “other”. I realize that wholeness and togetherness can only be
experienced through the recognition of the uniqueness, beauty and purpose
of all aspects of life and that this recognition starts with my Self.

7.    That I am part of the emerging consciousness that promotes a spirit
of openness, enquiry, connection and relationship with myself and the
entire universe and who continues to recognize the wonder, beauty and
mystery of it all.

8.    I support Global Oneness Day that has been established for all of
humanity to come together each year as one human family, to discuss,
celebrate and experience Oneness with the Divine, each other and all of
life.

9.    That the time for change is now.

*Sign the Declaration
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=248e340189&e=60482295ca>*

un-pick-apart-able | An Ecology of Food

By Nora Bateson
In the current edition of Kosmos Quarterly

“The nourishment of Cezanne’s awkward apples is in the tenderness and
alertness they awaken inside us.”
― Jane Hirshfield

In the everyday gesture of a parent providing breakfast for a child, the
entire future of humanity, and of thousands of other organisms, pivots.
Like other animals, the human species is tasked with feeding the next
generations. Life is dependent upon this seemingly simple mandate of
continuance. Feed the babies. Don’t fail…Bringing a morsel of food to your
lips or to the lips of another is an act of intimacy. It is a personal
contact point with the seasons and the generations.
READ MORE →
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=2ae89847aa&e=60482295ca>
The Prophecy

By Fabrice Monteiro
In the current edition of Kosmos Quarterly

Raised in Africa and trained as an industrial engineer, Fabrice Monteiro
travelled to some of the most polluted areas to create these works. The
costumes were made from found-objects gathered at each site in
collaboration with Senegalese fashion designer, Doulcy.
Through his stunning work, Monteiro challenges us to examine issues of
fashion, race, consumerism, and exploitation.
READ MORE →
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=9ef9d852fb&e=60482295ca>
Subscribe to Kosmos Quarterly

When you subscribe to the new Kosmos Quarterly, you receive a great
e-journal and much more.
SUBSCRIBE
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=ccf9b79ad0&e=60482295ca>

This email was sent to michelsub2004 at gmail.com
*why did I get this?*
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/about?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=ae1ddf5599&e=60482295ca&c=305d666c10>
    unsubscribe from this list
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=ae1ddf5599&e=60482295ca&c=305d666c10>
    update subscription preferences
<https://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/profile?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=ae1ddf5599&e=60482295ca>
Kosmos Associates · PO Box 2102 · Lenox, MA 01240 · USA