[P2P-F] Fwd: The Precariat: Today's Transformative Class? (GTN Discussion)

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 21:18:22 CEST 2018

Dear James,

thank you so much for this interesting analysis,

I agree with you, and I only use 'precariat' in precise analytical contexts,

at SMart for example, we use the concept of 'autonomous worker', but I work
to link it specifically with the economy of the commons to liberate these
workers from the dictates of the capitalist market,

however, in the context of building generative livelihood, which today by
necessacity entail a relation with the commons if not commons-centricity, I
use the concept of commoners,

I find people readily accept it once they get the narrative behind it,

what would be your objections to using 'commoners' ?