[P2P-F] Fwd: [commoning] Fwd: FINAL PUSH: MA Design for cultural commons

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 11:00:31 CEST 2018

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Silke Helfrich via Commoning <commoning at lists.commons-institut.org>
Date: Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 8:26 PM
Subject: [commoning] Fwd: FINAL PUSH: MA Design for cultural commons
To: COMMONING LIste engl <commoning at lists.commons-institut.org>

Betreff: FINAL PUSH: MA Design for cultural commons
Datum: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 19:13:06 +0100
Von: Torange Khonsari <torange at publicworksgroup.net>
<torange at publicworksgroup.net>
Antwort an: Torange Khonsari <torange at publicworksgroup.net>
<torange at publicworksgroup.net>
An: commonswatch at lists.p2pfoundation.net

Dear all

Just very quickly to say the UK Commons Assembly at Tate hosted by myself
and Tim was really positive and commoners wanted another session in Autumn
this year to action some of the points. We had such a great day and the
Autumn follow up will have more of us involved in organisation. We will
keep you posted.

We should have the Assembly next year in another part of the country hosted
by others who have already emailed us i.e Scotland.

This email is also a plea to please help me to push the MA again as we are
1 student short.

Here are the details again, always in awe of the commons generosity.

My best wishes to you all
Torange

*APPLY NOW FOR ADMISSION SEPTEMBER 2018*
*MA: Design for Cultural Commons - **The Cass **(London Metropolitan
University)*

Although a timely  model of practice there are few courses dedicated to the
Commons and even fewer for Cultural Commons. This course is not only  to
reward you with a post graduate qualification but
also to support the movement of the commons through expanding its
practitioners and its network. The course is 1 year full time and 2 years
part-time (the part-time route allows you to work to earn money and set
up your future organisation)

*What are Commons and why are they relevant today: *
The Commons discourse is informed by ideas, which have been around for
hundreds of years. In current context of much *inequality*, the Commons
discourse offers alternatives and models of sharing. Commons are about the
assets that everyone should have the right to, forming resources that
should benefit all, rather than being enclosed to just a few.

*What you achieve:*
In this course you'll learn how resources are shared, protected, reclaimed,
created, governed, used and distributed without overuse and abuse.You will
create and develop a *live* *project* (anything from a novel to a
supermarket) for your new *operating organisation. *The organisation will
be  formed, it’s governance designed, its financial structure set out and
all policies written using Commoning as a model.
You will gain expertise in applying creative thinking towards asset
sharing, mutual resources, self-governance and peer to peer economic
models. Collaborating with cultural institutions and government agencies
which we will facilitate, will enable you to develop related policies,
projects, collaborations and open up new networks to position your Commons
organisation. In the UK, co-production is being referred to in some
government policies and tenders and the commons are currently being
discussed in policies in the EU parliament. Beyond teaching you to initiate
your commons projects and practice, you'll learn how to raise funds, and
make your common sustainable in the long term. On completion of the course,
students will have an operational practice/organisation. There will be an
array of optional modules, ranging from comparative public policy to social
theories and citizenship, micro-economies and digital media. This is
complemented with art and design teaching, visual communication and
performance to architecture and photography. There is the opportunity to
tailor your learning and construct your own unique curriculum.

t.khonsari at londonmet.ac.uk
*Apply by following the link:
**http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/design-for-cultural-commons---ma/
<http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/design-for-cultural-commons---ma/>*