[P2P-F] Fwd: [Open App Ecosystem] Cooperative Commons Clouds

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 17:35:34 CEST 2018

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: wouter at freeknowledge.eu (Loomio) <notifications at loomio.org>
Date: Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 5:33 PM
Subject: [Open App Ecosystem] Cooperative Commons Clouds
To: michelsub2004 at gmail.com

[image: wouter at freeknowledge.eu]
*wouter at freeknowledge.eu <wouter at freeknowledge.eu>* invited you to
join: Cooperative
Commons Clouds
<https://www.loomio.org/invitations/QrVeiAXcovLCVbxTY5dMAmbE?utm_campaign=discussion_mailer&utm_medium=email&utm_source=discussion_announced>

These days we met with a good bunch of people at the Open.Coop 2018 and
discussed CommonsCloud
<https://commonscloud.coop?utm_campaign=discussion_announced&utm_medium=email&utm_source=discussion_mailer>
and other cooperative commons-oriented cloud platforms, like the
happy-devs.fr team, Sophie from commons platform, Chris from WebArchitects
and coops.tech. Today we had a breakfast, a panel discussion and later an
open space breakout where we continued the discussion. We agreed that we
should:
* work on mutually recognising accounts, so people with accounts on one
node can logon with their account to other nodes. There is at least two
layers to that:
** technically, bind LDAP accounts or recognise OpenID accounts or otherwise
** socially, put in place an Memorandum of Understanding with some minimum
shared values (no exploitation of personal data, replicable tools…) between
nodes of the federated network. This would also enable us to be stronger in
communicating our networks.
* shared efforts in the selection of open standards, xmpp, ActivityPub have
been mentioned
* shared efforts in the selection of tools (e.g. CommonsCloud.coop has
started operations with Discourse, NextCloud, Phabricator plus LDAP
directories, WebArchitects similar).
* shared development (NextCloud requires lots of improvements especially in
the collaborative editing, so far CollaboraOffice has proven the best
editor integration, but with issues…)
* sharing training materials
* sharing experience with sustainability models, strategies, …
* providing alternatives to github: WebArchitects offers their cooperative
instance of the Free Software gitLab under git.coop; CommonsCloud is using
Phabricator
<https://projectes.commonscloud.coop/?utm_campaign=discussion_announced&utm_medium=email&utm_source=discussion_mailer>
* apart from git, there are project management protocols that we should
build into these platforms to make interoperability and migration a
reality. How can Phabricator and other platforms incorporate those?

Let’s use this thread to continue working on the concrete next steps of
what we discussed. Looking forward to that!

—
Beantwoord deze e-mail onmiddelijk of bekijk het op Loomio
<https://www.loomio.org/invitations/QrVeiAXcovLCVbxTY5dMAmbE?utm_campaign=discussion_mailer&utm_medium=email&utm_source=discussion_announced>.

Verander je e-mailvoorkeuren
<https://www.loomio.org/email_preferences?unsubscribe_token=UGJR4F8ir8sdmUk2KDeY&utm_campaign=discussion_mailer&utm_medium=email&utm_source=discussion_announced>.

[image: Logo]