[P2P-F] Fwd: New Book Announcement: The Shock Doctrine of the Left - by Graham Jones

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sun Jul 22 11:33:52 CEST 2018

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Hamdi, Alex <ahamdi at wiley.com>
Date: Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 5:27 PM
Subject: New Book Announcement: The Shock Doctrine of the Left - by Graham
Jones
To: "michel at p2pfoundation.net" <michel at p2pfoundation.net>

Dear Michel,

I am writing to you from Polity and would like to announce one of our
recent titles:

*The Shock Doctrine of the Left*

- By *Graham Jones*

   - Graham Jones, dubbed ‘The Radical Hairdresser of Deptford’, is asocial
   movement activist and educator who is involved in a wide variety of
   grassroots campaigns
   - In this book, he argues that everyone can help to exploit shocks and
   moments of chaos to bring about a new world of compassion and care via
   strategies of smashing, building, healing, and taming
   - He blends vivid personal anecdotes with crystal clear theory and
   practical suggestions for activism to produce a much-needed conceptual
   toolkit for revolution
   - This book will be essential reading for radical millennials and
   left-wing social movement activists everywhere

*"The Shock Doctrine of the Left presents a captivating and disarmingly
accessible reflection on strategy for the left today. With a unique ability
to synthesize what are often divisively opposed positions, this
illuminating book is a must-read for anyone wondering how to build power."*
- Nick Srnicek, author of *Inventing the Future*

*"This is a forceful, concise and accessible guide to multi-scalar
organizing. It balances original theoretical insights with practical
political acumen and deserves the widest possible audience."*
- Helen Hester, University of West London

To find more information about the book, please visit the book’s page at:

http://politybooks.com/bookdetail/?isbn=9781509528547

Please let me know if a promotional offer would be of interest to members
of P2P Foundation and I will happily arrange for a discount code you can
share with them.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Alex Hamdi
John Wiley & Sons Limited is a private limited company registered in
England with registered number 641132. Registered office address: The
Atrium, Southern Gate, Chichester, West Sussex, United Kingdom. PO19 8SQ.

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/