[P2P-F] Fwd: [bgcon] "Autonomous Military Technology and the Changing Ethos in the Battlefield"

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Fri Jul 13 15:28:43 CEST 2018

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Krystian Woznicki <kw at berlinergazette.de>
Date: Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 10:42 AM
Subject: [bgcon] "Autonomous Military Technology and the Changing Ethos in
the Battlefield"
To: digi-yards at berlinergazette.de

Hi,

the Institute of Network Cultures, our neighbors from Amsterdam, just
published a Longform on the ethics of autonomous military technology
that we would like to recommend as summer reading. The question raised
here is: How do autonomous technologies change the ethics of combat? In
"‘That Others May Die’: Autonomous Military Technology and the Changing
Ethos in the Battlefield" Gustavo Velho Diogo investigates the
philosophical implications of warfare from a distance. You can dive into
the story here:

http://networkcultures.org/longform/2018/06/25/that-
others-may-die-autonomous-military-technology-and-the-changing-ethos-in-the-
battlefield/

Gustavo Velho Diogo is a designer from Brazil with a master’s degree in
Arts and Culture Studies from Radboud University. He recently got
accepted in the UT Austin-Portugal Digital Media program with a PhD
proposal on the politics of mapping technologies. You can read his
Digital Cartography’ here:

http://networkcultures.org/longform/2016/10/07/google-
earth-surveillance-and-the-power-of-digital-cartography/

Stay tuned,

Krystian

BG – Berliner Gazette | since 1999 | http://berlinergazette.de

DOCU OF LATEST BG PROJECTS:

FRIENDLY FIRE – BG Annual Conference 2017
https://berlinergazette.de/friendly-fire

SIGNALS – Exhibition of the Snowden Files
http://berlinergazette.de/signals

BG BOOKS OUT NOW @ DP:

FUGITIVE BELONGING
https://diamondpaper.net/title_27