[P2P-F] Fwd: [Global U] WSF 2018 participation

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sun Jan 21 08:12:56 CET 2018

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: LAU Kin Chi <laukc at ln.edu.hk>
Date: Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 6:15 AM
Subject: [Global U] WSF 2018 participation
To: GlobalUFoundingMembers <GlobalUFoundingMembers at googlegroups.com>
Cc: "our.global.u at gmail.com" <our.global.u at gmail.com>, LAU Kin Chi <
laukc at ln.edu.hk>, Tsui <sittsui at gmail.com>

Dear Friends,

The Global U Executive Team has registered three activities at the World
Social Forum in Salvador de Bahia, Brazil (13-17 March 2018). The English
edition of Memoirs of Francois Houtart, authored by Carlos Tablada, will be
completed in mid February, and will be uploaded to the Global U website for
free downloads.

   1.  We would like to organize a session to commemorate Francois Houtart
   at the WSF, and to launch his Memoirs. The forum is entitled "Commemorating
   Francois Houtart: for the Common Good of Humanity" (tentative date: pm,
   March 14). We hope those of you attending the WSF can be speakers in this
   forum, elaborating your conceptions for the Common Good of humanity, for an
   alternative world of justice and liberation. We will bring printed copies
   of Francois' Memoirs to the WSF. After this session, we hope Global U
   Founding Members can stay on for some time for sharing and discussion of
   projects and ideas for Global U.
   2. A forum on "Community Experiences for Socio-economic and Ecological
   Justice", where we will theorize community experiences that we are involved
   in or that we know of. (tentative date: pm, March 15)
   3. A forum on "China’s Experiences: Perspectives from the Grassroots".
   This seminar will examine China's experiences, both macro and micro.
   (tentative date: am, March 15)

We have requested interpreters in English, Spanish and Portuguese for all
the three activities.

Please let us know if you would like to speak in any, or all, of the three
activities. We will keep you informed of the confirmation from the WSF
organizers.

Please also inform this community of any other activities you are
organizing or participating in, so that we can try to attend each other's
activities and have meaningful interactions.

Please find the WSF website at https://wsf2018.org/en/

Thank you very much,

With best wishes.

Kin Chi

[image: Lingnan University Hong Kong] <http://www.ln.edu.hk>
[image: Transformation For Life]
<http://www.ln.edu.hk/transformation-for-life>

msgid/GlobalUFoundingMembers/SG2PR02MB1344B74F46DEB7D312B89
487FFED0%40SG2PR02MB1344.apcprd02.prod.outlook.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/GlobalUFoundingMembers/SG2PR02MB1344B74F46DEB7D312B89487FFED0%40SG2PR02MB1344.apcprd02.prod.outlook.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/