[P2P-F] Fwd: Vivr Bien: Old Cosmologies and New Paradigms (GTN Discussion)

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 09:11:46 CET 2018

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Great Transition Network <gtnetwork at greattransition.org>
Date: Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 8:56 PM
Subject: Vivr Bien: Old Cosmologies and New Paradigms (GTN Discussion)
To: michelsub2004 at gmail.com

>From Paul Raskin <praskin at tellus.org>

Dear GTN,

Our November exchange on “the problem of action” considered the overarching
challenge of animating a systemic movement capable of propelling a Great
Transition.* Although the ultimate shape of such a “global citizens
movement” (GCM) cannot be predetermined, we can broadly envision it as a
multifaceted upsurge aligned by core values, principles, and visions. That
discussion sets the backdrop for forthcoming forums on major oppositional
streams.

The January discussion will spotlight one such stream: movements rooted in
traditional and indigenous cultures. Our point of departure is an incisive
and eloquent essay prepared by Pablo Solón, “Vivir Bien: Old Cosmovisions
and New Paradigms.” Pablo introduces Vivir Bien (also known as Buen Vivir),
critiques governments that act in its name, and explains why the fruition
of Vivir Bien needs – and can contribute to – an intertwined global
movement. Please read the essay at www.greattransition.org/
publication/vivir-bien.

I look forward to your comments. Does Pablo get it right? What would you
add or challenge? What other peoples movements around the world might play
a consequential role in a GT? What needs to be done to foster linkages
among them, and with other anti-systemic forces challenging conventional
development?

The discussion will go through Friday, February 2nd.

Over to you with warm wishes for 2018,
Paul

* See my framing note at www.greattransition.org/publication/How-do-we-get-
there and a Roundtable that samples the GTN discussion (with my response)
at www.greattransition.org/publication/roundtable-problem-action.

Hit reply to post a comment on the GT Network

Read all comments (or reply) at
http://www.greattransition.org/forum/gti-discussions/202-
vivr-bien-old-cosmologies-and-new-paradigms/2596

Note: Expect a delay between posting and receiving your comment

Need help? Email jcohn at tellus.org