[P2P-F] + Cosmolocalization Scrip ? Re: What happens when a state doesn't control its own monetary creation ?

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante at ecobytes.net
Fri Dec 28 08:38:32 CET 2018

Places / real economies like Greece ( although Estonia would also be an
interesting place as its government already invested in blockchain database
solutions )

could imho benefit from a state guaranteed Cosmolocalization Scrip

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrip

For example, a government could decide to issue Scrip ( the state of
California did issue IOU's, a few years back, that could be used to pay
taxes )

and decide to spend it into existence in sectors of the local economy it
could even decide to define and update ( using scripp in the form of a
token / smart contract ),

ideally to generate access to currency in parts of the economy that are
under served in currency, and especially to enable services and production
that can reduce dependency on imports and/or bootstrap sectors that could
also lead to exports.

It could also track usage of the scrip through analytics enabled by its
tokens on its blockchain ( or holochain ? ) , understanding the effects and
usage of the scrip. ( potentially anonymized ? )

This would fit perfectly within a Cosmolocalization narrative.

Such a Scrip could also function so as to reduce paper work ( online
accounts, digital payments ) and be adapted, not to replace Euros, but as a
complementary currency. For example, imported goods might only have a
percentage of the price of the good related to local services in cosmo
scrip.

The government(s) could also generate demand for the scrip by accepting it
as a medium of tax payment. Although to avoid it replacing all euro tax
income, the government(s - including regional or local ) could for example
accept only a certain percentage of a persons or company's scrip as tax
payment. Similarly to a dual complementary currency mode used for other
goods.

It could experiment at first with anything that is locally produced, and
also start by allocating an addition to the current euro salary of
government workers, in scrip.

If successful, it could also enable loans in scrip, by local businesses
that can use it to develop local production ( and ultimately reduce the
need for imports ),

and it can also strategically enable clusters of interdependent businesses
that can benefit from each others services,

and can also ultimately facilitate online markets and a c3 ( commercial
credit circuit )

https://tradingeconomics.com/greece/balance-of-trade

https://tradingeconomics.com/greece/current-account