[P2P-F] Fwd: Fab City Foundation

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sat Dec 1 16:27:40 CET 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Fab City Global Initiative <info at fab.city>
Date: Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 3:12 PM
Subject: Fab City Foundation
To: Michel <michel at p2pfoundation.net>

Join the launch of the FCF in Tallinn in December
Sharing the Fab City roadmap
The Fab City Foundation
Next step towards the future of Fab City.

Since 2014 Fab City Global Initiative has been collaboratively building the
roadmap towards self sufficient, locally productive yet globally connected
cities. We often say that we're building the aeroplane at the same time as
flying it; using our prototyping approach to test and develop the
productive power of cities and citizens.
2018 has been a year of milestones and has come to concretise many aspects
of the Fab City Global Initiative. This year we hosted the biggest Fab City
summit yet, that brought together over 1000 people from 80 different
countries to explore Fab City thinking. At Paris' Hotel du Ville with
the Mayor of Paris, Mayor of Barcelona and the Fab Foundation's Sherry
Lassiter in attendance, we also launched the first ever Fab City book. 2018
will also be the year in which the Fab City Foundation is launched. This is
a turning point for the Fab City Global Initiative because it will help to
articulate the goals of the Fab City roadmap through lobbying and financial
efficacy. It will also act as a catalyst for the Fab City Collective to
undertake a process of definition and articulation.

You are welcome to join the official launch event of the Fab City
Foundation, *“Fab City Global Initiative: a sustainable return to urban
production.”*
<https://city.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=9fda6809b952c81883e74c723&id=345f8a7f05&e=310e72b7d1>It
will be held in Tallinn on 12 December. Tallinn has been chosen as the
foundation is being established in Estonia. If you are unable to join us in
Estonia, you can join via live stream by following the details that will be
shared on Telegram: https://t.me/fabcityglobal
<https://city.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=9fda6809b952c81883e74c723&id=17ee5aeb54&e=310e72b7d1>

For more information and how to join the Fab City Foundation event send
Kate an email using the button below.
Email for Launch details
<info at fab.city?subject=Fab%20City%20Foundation%20Launch%20Event>
Conference: Distributed Design

Thanks to P2P Lab, Mektory
<https://city.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=9fda6809b952c81883e74c723&id=ad573d288c&e=310e72b7d1>,
Creative Europe and the Distributed Design Market Platform
<https://city.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=9fda6809b952c81883e74c723&id=2bbf1f0010&e=310e72b7d1>,
the
event in Estonia will coincide with an informative conference, "
<https://city.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=9fda6809b952c81883e74c723&id=51d9448bb4&e=310e72b7d1>Blockchain
for Industry 4.0 and Distributed Design"
<https://city.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=9fda6809b952c81883e74c723&id=c12373dd86&e=310e72b7d1>
on
Tuesday 11th, featuring speakers such as Thomas Salfield of Wikifactory
<https://city.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=9fda6809b952c81883e74c723&id=aaeefbda2f&e=310e72b7d1>,
Alex
Pazaitis and a special conversation via live-stream between Jamie Burke of
Outlier Ventures and Primavera de Filippi of the Harvard Berkman Center.
Please register via Eventbrite or Facebook
<https://city.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=9fda6809b952c81883e74c723&id=ff52348192&e=310e72b7d1>
for this event.
Save the Date!
In anticipation of the biannual Fab City Summit in Montreal in 2020, this
year the international Fab City community will gather in Amsterdam as part
of the annual We Make The City event! We are thrilled to collaborate back
in Amsterdam again, with a focus on cities and the Fab City Network. We
encourage you to start sharing these dates with your local consortium and
Mayoral office.

Read more and Save the Date!
<https://city.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=9fda6809b952c81883e74c723&id=0594a16dff&e=310e72b7d1>
Don't forget! The first ever Fab City book is available to Read Online or
Print on Demand!

There are still some copies left and you can read an extract via the blog, The
Mass Distribution of (almost) Everything
<https://city.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=9fda6809b952c81883e74c723&id=8f094a0655&e=310e72b7d1>
by Tomas Diez.
Connect to the Fab City Network
<https://city.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=9fda6809b952c81883e74c723&id=23cab8712d&e=310e72b7d1>
<https://city.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=9fda6809b952c81883e74c723&id=65e5f765f3&e=310e72b7d1>
<https://city.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=9fda6809b952c81883e74c723&id=4e9df2cb1b&e=310e72b7d1>
<info at fab.city>
<http://blog.fab.city>
<http://fab.city>
<https://city.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=9fda6809b952c81883e74c723&id=3382a99e65&e=310e72b7d1>
<https://city.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=9fda6809b952c81883e74c723&id=125a362d38&e=310e72b7d1>

This email was sent to michel at p2pfoundation.net
*why did I get this?*
<https://city.us12.list-manage.com/about?u=9fda6809b952c81883e74c723&id=0dbf33f1d5&e=310e72b7d1&c=14c60fadfe>
    unsubscribe from this list
<https://city.us12.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=9fda6809b952c81883e74c723&id=0dbf33f1d5&e=310e72b7d1&c=14c60fadfe>
    update subscription preferences
<https://city.us12.list-manage.com/profile?u=9fda6809b952c81883e74c723&id=0dbf33f1d5&e=310e72b7d1>
Fab City Collective · Pujades 102 · Barcelona, Barcelona 08005 · Spain

[image: Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=9fda6809b952c81883e74c723&afl=1>

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/