[P2P-F] Fwd: Schwartzreport Daily Edition

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 14:49:22 CEST 2018

From: Schwartzreport <webmaster at schwartzreport.net>
Date: Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 1:05 PM
Subject: Schwartzreport Daily Edition
To: <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>

[image: SR Website]
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=07baf22952&e=faefe20166>
SR Website
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=1bd0d42c5f&e=faefe20166>
[image: Donate]
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=6764d850f3&e=faefe20166>
Donate
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=38ecfa1128&e=faefe20166>
*IF YOU ENJOY SR AND FIND IT USEFUL WOULD YOU PLEASE DONATE*

Twice a year I ask my readers if they will help defray some of the costs
involved with producing SR. Some of you have made one time donations,
others make monthly pledges, which are particularly helpful.

Although I pay most of the costs out of pocket, and don’t get anything for
my time it is getting harder to do this. Both costs and time are increasing
which makes SR a bit burdensome at the moment.

Each day it is taking more and more time to sift through all the chaff of
photo-ops, and the general media’s A-story B-story orientation in order to
ferret out what is really going on in the United States and the World. If
you can help I would really appreciate it.

Just click on the “Yes, I support SR button.”

YES, I support SR
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=eb15c2981e&e=faefe20166>
*In the 08/10/2018 edition:*
Advocates probe White House plans to house immigrants at toxic waste sites
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=fd7f33be42&e=faefe20166>
*on
Aug 10, 2018 02:35 am*

E.A. CRUNDEN  -  Think Progress
I don't see much difference between the Republicans in Congress, and the
Executive Branch and Nazis. Read this and see what you think.

*SUMMITVILLE, CO – JUNE 11: Colorado Department of Public Health and
Environment runs a water treatment plant at the Superfund site at
Summitville Mine on June 11, *2018* in Summitville, Colorado. The state of
Colorado pays millions to clean water from the mine before it is pumped
back into the Wightman Fork of the Alamosa River.*
*Credit: RJ Sangosti/The Denver Post*

Environmental and health advocates want more information about the Trump
administration’s plans to house detained immigrants, including children, at
two Texas military posts with a history of toxic contamination.

A Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request filed Wednesday morning by the
nonprofit legal group Earthjustice is asking the government for details
about plans to keep immigrants at Fort Bliss in El Paso and Goodfellow Air
Force Bases in San Angelo.

Fort Bliss
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=1667bfbe3b&e=faefe20166>
is
a source of particular concern for advocates — the area is listed as a
Superfund, meaning that areas have been designated by the Environmental
Protection Agency (EPA) as a priority for cleanup due to the dangers they
pose to human health and the environment. At Goodfellow, tents meant to
house people will be constructed directly over a former firing range, not
far from an uncapped landfill.…

Read in browser »
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=1e87577947&e=faefe20166>

Post Comment
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=c35a5631da&e=faefe20166>

[image: share on Twitter]
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=98beaff541&e=faefe20166>
[image:
Like Advocates probe White House plans to house immigrants at toxic waste
sites on Facebook]
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=8213d01e0c&e=faefe20166>

Austerity kills: this week’s figures show its devastating toll
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=fb15379455&e=faefe20166>
*on
Aug 10, 2018 02:34 am*

Owen Jones  -  The Guardian (U.K.)
This is a story about the U.K. but it would apply to any country. The small
government austerity policies so beloved by conservatives worldwide never
work, and always create distress and a degraded quality of life for the
people who must live under such policies. Why, then, do conservative
governments continue to implement such policies. The answer I think is that
conservatives never put facts above ideology. Here's what happens. A
variation is happening here.

*Architects of austerity: George Osborne and David Cameron in 2015.*
*Credit: Ben Birchall/PA*

“We got there in the end
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=8f58aa69cc&e=faefe20166>
–
a remarkable national effort”: that’s how former chancellor George Osborne
celebrated the government meeting his deficit target on the day-to-day
budget two years late. “It was the right thing to do
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=e3e6188de1&e=faefe20166>,”
was David Cameron’s smug echo.

It’s easy for the architects of the Tories’ ideologically driven austerity
to be triumphalist, given they did not suffer the consequences: the worst
squeeze in wages of the major industrialised countries
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=72b1b929a3&e=faefe20166>
except
depression-ravaged Greece; the slashing of social security for low-paid
workers and disabled people; the surging child poverty
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=73c0506c87&e=faefe20166>.
New research suggests that austerity played a key role in the Brexit vote,
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=6b0ef147dd&e=faefe20166>
which
plunged Britain into national crisis, too, and which turfed both men out of
office, although both continue to prosper, Cameron with his “trotters up”,
as Danny Dyer so memorably put it. But there is another devastating
consequence of their austerity that is too little discussed: that it kills.

According to newly published figures from the Office for National Statistics
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=897910e2ec&e=faefe20166>,
Britain’s improvement in life expectancy has slowed
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=4e3a8b314b&e=faefe20166>
at
the fastest rate of any leading industrialised nation other …

Read in browser »
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=74a3d60ddd&e=faefe20166>

Post Comment
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=7e29b66c55&e=faefe20166>

[image: share on Twitter]
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=15e09b85b5&e=faefe20166>
[image:
Like Austerity kills: this week’s figures show its devastating toll on
Facebook]
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=c8da35d895&e=faefe20166>

Court orders ban on harmful pesticide, says EPA violated law
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=d3dac17577&e=faefe20166>
*on
Aug 10, 2018 02:33 am*

MICHAEL BIESECKER  -  Associated Press
More and more as American democracy is dismantled by the Trump
administration while the Republican quislings in Congress sit on their
hands, protecting the country has fallen to a small cadre of judges.
Honorable men and women who stand up for the country when no one else will.
Here is some good news as an example of how this is happening. In my
opinion, Scott Pruitt should be charged with mass murder and put on trial.

*Scott Pruitt*

WASHINGTON, D.C. — *A federal appeals court ruled Thursday that the Trump
administration endangered public health by keeping a widely used pesticide
on the market despite extensive scientific evidence that even tiny levels
of exposure can harm babies’ brains. (emphasis added)*

The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco ordered the
Environmental Protection Agency to remove chlorpyrifos from sale in the
United States within 60 days.

A coalition of farmworkers and environmental groups sued last year after
then-EPA chief Scott Pruitt reversed an Obama-era effort to ban
chlorpyrifos, which is widely sprayed on citrus fruit, apples and other
crops. The attorneys general for several states joined the case against
EPA, including California, New York and Massachusetts.

In a split decision, the court said Thursday that Pruitt, a Republican
forced to resign earlier this summer amid ethics scandals, violated federal
law by ignoring the conclusions of agency scientists that chlorpyrifos is
harmful.

“The panel held that there was no justification for the EPA’s decision in
its 2017 order to maintain a tolerance for chlorpyrifos in the face of
scientific evidence that its residue on food causes neurodevelopmental
damage to children,” Judge Jed S. Rakoff wrote in the …

Read in browser »
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=7295eca22f&e=faefe20166>

Post Comment
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=2cf2911e62&e=faefe20166>

[image: share on Twitter]
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=0884f8380c&e=faefe20166>
[image:
Like Court orders ban on harmful pesticide, says EPA violated law on
Facebook]
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=c8aeae7df1&e=faefe20166>

An 11-year-old girl was suspected of shoplifting groceries. So a police
officer tased her.
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=05287b664c&e=faefe20166>
*on
Aug 10, 2018 02:32 am*

P.R. Lockhart   -  Vox
Today I saw three stories reporting police thuggery; this is one of them.
No one who would think it was acceptable to use a taser on an 11 year old
girl should be a sworn police officer. Yet American law enforcement is
filled with thousands of such low IQ bullies. On my own island the police
chief was just fired for such bullying activity. What's it like where you
live? Are you even paying attention to this issue?

*The Cincinnati Police Department is under scrutiny for using a Taser on an
11-year-old girl.*
*Credit: Craig F. Walker/The Denver Post*

The Cincinnati Police Department is under intense scrutiny after an
off-duty police officer used a Taser on an 11-year old black girl
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=dc37fb3684&e=faefe20166>,
prompting allegations of excessive force and raising new concerns about how
the department uses Tasers.

The incident happened at a local grocery store on Monday. According to
local reports
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=c31ed8aa3f&e=faefe20166>,
off-duty police officer Kevin Brown was working as a security guard at the
store and suspected 11 year-old Donesha Gowdy of shoplifting. The police
department noted that she was seen placing food into a backpack and did not
stop when Brown approached her as she left the store. Brown then fired his
Taser, striking the girl in the back.

The girl was arrested for “theft and obstructing official business” and was
taken to a local hospital for evaluation. On Wednesday evening, Cincinnati
Mayor John Cranely announced
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=f90c3e0f6f&e=faefe20166>
that
charges against the girl had been dropped.

In interviews with news outlets on Wednesday, Gowdy and her mother
acknowledged that the girl had taken items from the store, but explained
that using a Taser was an inappropriate response to …

Read in browser »
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=d65e5050b1&e=faefe20166>

Post Comment
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=e15b5c06da&e=faefe20166>

[image: share on Twitter]
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=e5aa928fa2&e=faefe20166>
[image:
Like An 11-year-old girl was suspected of shoplifting groceries. So a
police officer tased her. on Facebook]
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=fd1e4868f9&e=faefe20166>

<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=85238bef1d&e=faefe20166>

*[image: The 8 Laws of Change Cover]How Do I Respond? What Can I Do?*

Dozens of people have written me asking: How do I respond to what I see
happening to my country after this election? What can I do?

My answer can be found in my book *The 8 Laws of Change.
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=e01dfa027a&e=faefe20166>*
Since
1991 I have been following trends that are shaping the future, and have
seen the rise of fascist and identitarian politics. I wrote 8 Laws based on
years of research to show how nonviolent compassionate life-affirming
change can be achieved.

If you are despondent about what you see happening to your country I
recommend you read *The 8 Laws of Change.
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=173f6a71e8&e=faefe20166>*
It
will give you detailed actions you can take, actions that have proven they
work based on scientific outcome data.
Order The 8 Laws of Change
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=77afee15e8&e=faefe20166>
<https://schwartzreport.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b50db294056098aa2e77fd21c&id=1ffcd00a97&e=faefe20166>