[P2P-F] commons and households

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 22:38:39 CEST 2017

But besides being multi-generational, a household can incorporate
multiple families -- approaching primary social units like
hunter-gather bands or clans in size. At that point, given
micromanufacturing technology, a majority of food and finished goods
production might take place in the household sector and not be
governed by reciprocity. That would amount to an expansion of the
household to incorporate a major part of the economy, even if a
considerable social economy remained to coordinate exchange of
surpluses between such primary social units or to coordinate the
remaining forms of production that require a scale beyond their
resources.