[P2P-F] Fwd: Introduction to the Course "A Delicate Activism - – An Invitation Towards a Practice that is Alive", Algarve - Portugal, 6 to 10 of February 2018

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sat Oct 14 01:39:43 CEST 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nuno Da Silva <silvamago at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Oct 14, 2017 at 6:07 AM
Subject: Introduction to the Course "A Delicate Activism - – An Invitation
Towards a Practice that is Alive", Algarve - Portugal, 6 to 10 of February
2018

Dear friend,

We hope life is taking good care of you:-)

Please help us spread this message to your contacts in Europe who you feel
might resonate with this call. We are inviting people who are deeply
involved in community development work and especially those who are dancing
with national and international networks, communities of practice and
movements working to support the great turning/transition to regenerative
cultures that nurture eco-systems and the planet as a whole.

We are in this together!!!
Much love and gratitude,
Nuno on behalf of RECIFE and The EMERGENCE NETWORK

Dear friends,

The RECIFE <https://recifealgarve.wordpress.com/> and The Emergence Network
<http://www.emergencenetwork.org/>, in collaboration with ARISE Education
<http://www.arise.education/>, are pleased and thrilled to invite you to
come and join us in the course "A Delicate Activism - – An Invitation
Towards a Practice that is Alive", that we are hosting in the south of
Portugal, from the 6th to the 10th of February 2018.

​
This course will be facilitated by The Proteus Initiative
<http://www.proteusinitiative.org/> amazing team composed of Allan Kaplan
and Sue Davidoff, who are coming from South Africa to share with us their
deep and lively approach to community development, change processes and
activism in general.

We invite you to read the article "A Delicate Activism"
<http://socialself.org/Articles/adelicate.aspx> to investigate what this
course is inviting you to explore and sense if it resonates with you.

The instrumental nature of much contemporary social activism has become a
contributing factor to – rather than a resolution of – the rapid and
escalating social and ecological crises that beset our world. Our urgency
to achieve change often unfolds a calculative, strategic mindset; results,
rather than process, become primary. Yet a closer look at how life actually
lives reveals that means are the ends that we arrive at – that our points
of departure foretell our places of arrival.

The approach introduced in these five days offers the possibility to
understand and work with radically different, more appropriate, more
organic approaches to social and ecological process and practice. To work
in ways that are respectful of the complexity and true nature of our
challenges. Encountering the problems we face in the world today requires
the exercise of a responsive creativity premised on our own transformation
in the process of engagement. This, we suggest, is built through the
disciplined practice of observation as it enters the living processes
through which life on earth unfolds. These five days introduce a grounded,
aware, engaged and imaginative interpersonal practice.

Pratical Information:
Location: Set amidst the hills, in a beautiful valley in the heart of
Algarve, the Monte Mariposa Retreat Centre will offer the possibility of a
deep individual and group immersion.
http://montemariposa.co.uk/

Arrivals to Faro (closest airport) are expected on the 5th of February and
departures on the 11th of February 2018.

*Registration fee: 650 euros (early bird before 31st of October); 720 euros
after that. Registrations are limited to 24 participants.The fee covers all
costs related with board, lodging, and course related work and materials.
The travel costs from your place to the venue are not included.*
More information and registration form available in RECIFE webpage:
https://recifealgarve.wordpress.com/formacoes/#30

We look forward to meet you here for this unique opportunity to learn from
the authors of "Development Practitioners and Social Process - Artists of
the Invisible"
<http://www.cdra.org.za/store/p1/Development_Practitioners_and_Social_Process_-_Artists_of_the_Invisible_Allan_Kaplan._Pluto_Press,_2002.html>
and "The Development Practitioner's Handbook"
<https://books.google.pt/books?id=Y1CtgqVvjzYC&pg=PA106&lpg=PA106&dq=Development+Practitioner%27s+Handbook&source=bl&ots=lkqUKNCRwO&sig=P-tlEdeGC_s5n-6J0aecxf6WSVY&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjv8fSF_9bWAhWEExoKHeCqA3gQ6AEISjAG#v=onepage&q=Development%20Practitioner's%20Handbook&f=false>
as
well as "The Learning School: An Organisation Development Approach"
<https://books.google.pt/books/about/The_Learning_School.html?id=LP4eiPUf0iYC&redir_esc=y>
.

Nuno da Silva

*‘There are no solutions; there is only the ongoing practice of being open
and alive to each meeting, each intra-action, so that we might use our
ability to respond, our responsibility, to help awaken, to breathe life
into ever new possibilities for living justly.’* *Karen Barad*

Personal Website <https://nunodasilvablog.wordpress.com/>
RECIFE - REde Colaborativa de Iniciativas para um Futuro Eco-sistémico
(Coordinator <https://recifealgarve.wordpress.com/>)
The Emergence Network Curator <http://www.emergencenetwork.org/>
Comunidade de Empreendedores Evolucionários, João Sem Medo
<http://www.joaosemmedo.org/>
FESCOOP - The Cooperative of Ethical Finances in Portugal (founding member
<https://financaseticas.mautic.net/movimentofinancaseticas>)
Rede Educação Viva - Southeast Algarve hub coordinator
<http://www.educacaoviva.pt/>
Pool of Trainers, Portuguese Platform for Development Organizations
(Plataforma ONGD)
<http://www.plataformaongd.pt/formacao/bolsa-de-formadores/>
Transition Portugal <http://transicaoportugal.net/> (Trainers Team and
Communication Team)
SALTO Trainers online for Youth
<http://trainers.salto-youth.net/NunoDaSilva/>
Council of Europe, Youth Directorate trainers pool
<http://www.coe.int/t/dg4/youth/Training/Quality_NFE/TP_presentation_en.asp>

P Antes de imprimir pense em sua responsabilidade ecompromisso com o MEIO
AMBIENTE
Before printing, think of the environment

Nota de Confidencialidade: Esta mensagem destina-se a utilização por parte
do(s) destinatário(s) identificado(s) acima e pode conter informação
confidencial e/ou privilegiada. Se não for o destinatário desta mensagem,
contacte o remetente e apague esta mensagem. Qualquer utilização não
autorizada da informação contida nesta mensagem está proibida.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the use of the
named recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender and delete this message. Any unauthorized use of the information
contained in this message is prohibited.