[P2P-F] Fwd: NYTimes Op-ed

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Tue Nov 14 09:55:20 CET 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Kyuman Kim <dkkim at conncoll.edu>
Date: Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 9:53 PM
Subject: NYTimes Op-ed
To: Love-Drive Politics Collective <lovedriven at googlegroups.com>, Love
Driven Politics Collective <love.driven.politics at gmail.com>

Hello friends.

Today, the philosopher George Yancy and I published an op-ed in the New
York Times (published in the philosophy column “The Stone”). It’s an open
letter of love to Kim Jong-Un. George and I felt compelled to disrupt the
acrimonious and potentially dangerous exchange between the U.S./Trump and
North Korea/Kim.  As you will see, the letter is deeply infused by the
ethos of the Love-Driven Politics Collective. You can read the letter here:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/13/opinion/open-letter-kim-
jongun.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fopinion&action=click&
contentCollection=opinion&region=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&
contentPlacement=3&pgtype=sectionfront

The editor at the Times has warned us that we may receive some flashback
for the letter. That a message of public love should anticipate such a
response says a lot about where we are and the work that lies ahead. As
always, do share the letter with your respective networks. We hope that it
will catalyze some good.

Take good care,
David

☸   ☼   ☸   ☼   ☸   ☼   ☸   ☼   ☸   ☼   ☸   ☼   ☸   ☼   ☸   ☼   ☸   ☼   ☸   ☼
  ☸   ☼

david kyuman kim
Professor & Chair, Department of Religious Studies
Core Faculty, Program in American Studies
Connecticut College
860-439-5075; dkkim at conncoll.edu
https://www.conncoll.edu/directories/faculty-profiles/david-kim/
Twitter: @davidkyumankim

msgid/lovedriven/25C45725-55E4-455B-B102-2851F778578D%40conncoll.edu
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lovedriven/25C45725-55E4-455B-B102-2851F778578D%40conncoll.edu?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/