[P2P-F] Fwd: An equitable, pro-environmental economy sanitized from capital mkt bubbles

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sun Nov 12 12:50:23 CET 2017

dear all,

the author prefers not to see this published online, it's for solliciting
feedback only at this stage,

From: Jason Ghionis <jason at clickhere.gr>
Date: Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 6:03 PM
Subject: An equitable, pro-environmental economy sanitized from capital mkt
bubbles

Hi all,

In the past I’ve been reticent to share some of the ideas here, at least in
the following, comprehensive format.

However, given how the environmental clock is ticking... I think it’s
beyond mandatory to share.

*OBJECTIVE*
*An economy sanitized from capital mkt bubbles, pro-environmental and
equitable*

So far, no one has been able to convincingly challenge the following model,
parts of which I’ve outlined in greater detail here
<http://positivemoney.org/2015/10/economic-myth-and-transformation/> (note:
I’m no longer involved with PM).

*Step 1*
Strip commercial banks of the privilege/monopoly of issuing interest
bearing, IOU currency

*Step 2*
Apply negative interest to all cash and cash equivalents

*Step 3*
Redistribute all negative interest proceeds via UBI

*Step 4*
Denominate all speculative financial instruments (equities, derivatives,
convertible bonds etc.) in parallel currency;
a "sanitization" process whereby capital market bubbles will not be able to
affect the Real economy.

*Step 5*
Adjust and fine tune.

-----------------------

*WHAT IS ACCOMPLISHED*

With *step 1*: An end to private bank debtocracy (re inequality + minimize
asset bubbles) + an end to the environmentally detrimental “growth
imperative”.

With *step 2*: Currency serves a pro-environmental function.  With negative
interest, all financial evaluation models reverse,
rendering resource extraction beyond the Earth's carrying capacity,
*unprofitable*.

With *step 3*: Equitability, actualization-flourishing-potential
realization across the entire population.

With *step 4*: If a bubble is created, the parallel cap market currency
depreciates, adjusting for the bubble. In other words, the real economy
becomes immune to financial market bubbles.

With *step 5*: As with any dynamic, complex-adaptive system, constant
tweaks are the norm.

Hopefully I'm not in La la land here.

Jason

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/