[P2P-F] Fwd: Christo

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sat Nov 11 19:59:58 CET 2017

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/nov/09/paradise-papers-offshore-billionaires

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Christopher M. Quigley <cmqesquire at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 1:00 AM
Subject: Fwd: Christo
To: Michel Bauwens <michel at p2pfoundation.net>

Michel,

Quote today on Jesse's Cafe Americain:

"In reality, though, it was never about us and our economy at all. Today it
is obvious that all of this had only one rationale: to raise up a class of
supermen above us. It had nothing to do with jobs or growth. Or freedom
either. The only person’s freedom to be enhanced by these tax havens was
the billionaire’s freedom. It was all to make his life even better, not
ours...

We endure potholes and live in fear of collapsing highway bridges because
our leaders wanted these very special people to have an even larger second
yacht. Our kids sit in overcrowded classrooms in underfunded schools so
that a handful of exalted individuals can relax on their own private beach.

Today it is these same golden figures with their offshore billions who host
the fundraisers, hire the lobbyists, bankroll the think tanks and subsidize
the artists and intellectuals.

This is their democracy today. We just happen to live in it."

Thomas Frank,

*We Built a Paradise For Offshore Billionaires
<https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/nov/09/paradise-papers-offshore-billionaires>*

*Christopher*
Christopher M. Quigley
B.Sc. (Maj. Accounting), M.I.I. (Grad.), M.A., QFA.
Qualified Financial Adviser.
M: + 353-(0)-86-8118-600
E: Wealthbuilder.ie at gmail.com
Legal Disclaimer <http://www.wealthbuilder.ie/disclaimer.htm>