[P2P-F] Fwd: Athens 9-11 June, UniverSSE 2017, 4th European congress of Social Solidarity Economy

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sun May 14 13:39:04 CEST 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kris Giov <krisgiov at yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, May 14, 2017 at 3:24 PM
Subject: Athens 9-11 June, UniverSSE 2017, 4th European congress of Social
Solidarity Economy
To: "karaokecasulties at yahoo.co.uk" <karaokecasulties at yahoo.co.uk>

Dear all,

I hope you are all well and active in these contradictory, dangerous and
interesting times we live in.
On the occasion of the European conference that we (a number of social and
solidarity economy, cooperatives and commons networks) are organizing in
Athens, I am catching the opportunity to get in contact with you again and
send you this ray of hope that still burns under the shadow of the
prevailing post-2015 referendum disempowerment and disillusionment.
Despite this bleak atmosphere we decided to organize this European
conference of Social and Solidarity Economy (SSE) in Athens and to name it
UniverSSE 2017, as an act of resistance and an attempt to bring together
 and give visibility to the entire ecosystem of alternatives the people in
Greece and in Europe have been trying to built the last years.
This is our way to carry on and built on the inroads and achievements we
managed the previous period, wiser (we hope) from our shortages and
mistakes, but not discouraged.
We ask you to help us in our efforts to this new phase by spreading the
word about our UniverSSE, of which more information you can find here Be
part of | Πάρε μέρος | Prenez part | Sea parte | Partecipa | Seien Sie Teil
- UniverSSE 2017 <https://universse2017.org/en/> and also to help us to let
no one who wants to be part of the UniverSSE 2017 behind by donating in our
crowdfunding campaign and / or disseminating the news about it. Our aim is
to raise the funds to bring members of grassroots groups outside Athens and
from the Balkans in the conference, as we really want to include all and
enhance our networks both on national, regional and international levels.
For the same reason there are no fees for one to be part or to organize any
of the 40 events in the three days meeting.
We know that non of us is reach, but also we know we can count on our
friends, as many times has been proven.
In case you need more info, do not hesitate to contact me, or, to contact
directly UniverSSE 2017 in info at universse2017.org

I am wishing you all the best and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Warmest solidarity greetings

Christos

<https://universse2017.org/en/>

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/